• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sturmovik

Looks fine to me, but if there's a chance of getting some different/better lighting ??

Ian

pretty good Bob, go look at these, might help you out, google is helpful sometimes!.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Sturmovik+winter+camo&client=firefox-a&hs=VNI&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=evTWU72yIo6n8AWT0YDwDA&ved=0CB0QsAQ&biw=1280&bih=923

Looks promising Bob. Hard to predict what a temporary white paint job will look from one day to the next.

You could add some white in places or add some green in selected places.

Would be best if you had some pictures to work from.

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks promising Bob. Hard to predict what a temporary white paint job will look from one day to the next.

You could add some white in places or add some green in selected places.

Would be best if you had some pictures to work from.

Cheers, Christian B)

I can rub off some from the leading edges, I scuffed up around the wing root on the lhs where crew entered. If this meets approval I'll seal it up and proceed with the Grey that Ian suggested.

Whew! :eek:hyeah

Just finished reading this thread. It is good to see that one of the kits I sold off has found a good home and being built! (I know that Chef built several of the 1/72 I sent him).

Winter camo schemes are always a crap shoot... it just depended from unit to unit, plane to plane what it looked like. Somewhere in my stacks of unpacked boxes, I have a picture of a Pe2 (I think) with footprints on the wing where the guy walked through the fresh paint...

Go for it Bob, It will turn out fine and if the AMS Nazis complain... fugedaboutit.

OK what about now?

If coverage is ok I'll seal it with a gloss and do some panel wash.

Plan on dirtying up the wing root where crew enters.

h4dabfee.JPG

hfd8b711.JPG

hf1931e5.JPG

h37340b6.JPG

Whatcha think?

Looks like someone in North Dakota forgot to put it in the hanger last night :D

Cheers, Christian B)

Feeling any better Bob ?

Agreed, looks so much better now. 'You still going to apply some light (pin) washes ??

Ian

Ian yes, after I get the glossy seal coat on here panel washes coming up. (y)

Having done a 'snow' scheme only once (Rudels Ju87G), it didn't really 'happen' until the panel wash went on. You'll really see a difference when this is done, matey.

Ian

Back