• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Stratojet B47

I don't know Phil, and to say it went flat, maybe wrong term. It hazed it over, still a glossy surface but was not the bright High Shine that I got with the Thunderjet. I wonder if the Aqua Clear has a shelf life?

Hazed result, ok, I would still do the test spray onto the plastic card to see if it does the same, as for the shelf life it shouldn't have , maybe give Alclad an email and querie them on it

http://alclad2.com/contact/consumers/

Iron Mike I use the disposable rubber/latex gloves, they are very thin so you have feel, plus they keep your hands clean of paint, can also use on your AB hand too.

The cotton gloves I would of thought may sometime release tiny lint strands - I use them when constructing my giant exclusive Lego Star Wars sets - don't laugh - there are no fingerprints or greasy finger marks on them!!

Try the disposable multi purpose gloves Mike, I'm sure you will find them much better.

Ok before appling your Alclad metal finish you need to.........

he641419.jpg

My Tamiya and Model Master paint is looking better and better.

Hang in there buddy!

Terry B)

Yep, wonder if that's what it's going to take Terry.

Foiling this one. It'll be shiny. :coolio

Iron Mike I use the disposable rubber/latex gloves, they are very thin so you have feel, plus they keep your hands clean of paint, can also use on your AB hand too.

The cotton gloves I would of thought may sometime release tiny lint strands - I use them when constructing my giant exclusive Lego Star Wars sets - don't laugh - there are no fingerprints or greasy finger marks on them!!

Try the disposable multi purpose gloves Mike, I'm sure you will find them much better.

Phil, I use the cotton gloves during assembly or when handling a primed or painted body. They do not shed and are considerably cooler than the latex. I use latex when spraying paint.

Guys who use cotton can't be too wrong.

Stanley_Cup.jpg

B)

:zen :zen :zen
that´s to bad Bob, i really hope this doesn´t happen again, i just think of the pain you had with that mustang a while back :bang head but you solved that so you probably will solve this to! hang in there puppy!! :good:

Y'all are shaming me, I'll have to pick this up again and work on it some more. I'm working on the WnW to get it in on time.

Ryan it's really not the Alclad I think, more my hamhanded handling of it. The High Shine is what's causing problems. The other lines they have is fine.

Back