• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Stratojet B47

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah Baby!

It looks like a cross over of a fighter and a bomber. Sleek and clean are the lines and Natural Metal Finish with be the scheme...
:pilot

DSCF9010.jpg

DSCF9008.jpg

I only separated the fuselage from the sprues to test fit over all. One online review dinged the kit for having a warped fuselage, I wish these guys would take the time to see if it's a kit deformity or a one off problem. Mine fits fine.

Low part count and the fuselage is closed up right away in step 1. Not much for cockpit detail cause you can't see nothing down in there.

Might have some glue stuck this evening. We'll see.

800px-B47E_in_flight.jpg

vrooomm baby!!! :pilot

I had this kit and traded it- get her done Bob, do you remember me sharing this a year or so ago?

http://b-47.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Obie.pdf

Great story!

Wall-Mart here we come :)

Wish I had know Bob I would have taken some pix of one :(

Will be watching . :pilot

Cheers, Christian B)

What I heard about the Hasegawa kit, the same one I had- and the one you are building is that the bomb bays and wheel wells are bare boxes , the landing gear struts and the canopy are over thick and the wings don't have a uniform fit at the root. But the darn thing sits almost 18 inches square and makes a great piece if it's built right. Have fun, at $8.00 a bottle there should only be about 60 bucks worth of Alclad on this! :ro:

Got a wee masochism thing going on there do ya Bob ?? :popcorn - Nahhh you'll sort it, I have every confidence !! :gogo

Ian

Well...bamn

DSCF0783.jpg

Also got engine nacelles and fuel tanks built up. The nose of the tanks and the fuselage needs some work, other than that, fit is good. Not sure about fit of the pylons to the wings. They don't look right.

No it's not that I'm that fast, really low part count on this. They have a bunch of little bombs for the bombbay but if I can't find a 1:72 "special" weapon I'll do it closed up.

I do love the shape of those Boeing jets. Can't you see the 707 lines in there?

Looking good Bob! I have one of these hanging from my ceiling. Someday if I can get some extra decals, I'd love to re-do the paint job on mine.

Keep plugging; this is looking great!

I would like to see you find that 1/72 'special bomb' for this- It was a B-47 E that dropped an atomic bomb on a friend of mine's grandparent's house back in the late 1950's. :silly:

I would like to see you find that 1/72 'special bomb' for this- It was a B-47 E that dropped an atomic bomb on a friend of mine's grandparent's house back in the late 1950's. :silly:

The Mars Bluff bomb?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gu9ZjAdaFQ

Back