• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa 1/72 B-47

20230613_165637.jpg
Watched this the other day. The B-47 was a stunning design.

Finally manned up and installed the flaps on the B-47 today. The 3d printed rib parts were way too fragile to hold the flaps, so I cut off the actuators and replaced them with brass rod. I think this will be much less likely to be shedding flaps down the road, if it could even have gotten to the display case without doing that.

0162b47.jpg

Very very cool. I've wanted to build one of these for ever, but I want to do one with the Orenda Iroquois strapped to the side. Canada is the only country to use a B-47 outside of the States and called it a CL-52. From what I understand the one Iroquois supported the whole aircraft when they shut down the othr engines and still accelerated. Unfortunately it was given back slightly bent after the government shut down the arrow project.
James

Finally got to a finish with this one. Not a quick build but just one of those subjects that has to be in my collection. I made decal strips to frame the canopy, the rest is just detail work. I used Microscale decals for the markings which worked very well.

0172b47.jpg

0182b47.jpg

0192b47.jpg

0222b47.jpg

0232b47.jpg

Back