• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Soviet DSHK machinegun w/crew

Beautiful That looks awesome. Can hardly wait to see it painted Mats. Those cracks will look fantastic (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

I reached the top!
P1070347.JPG

P1070348.JPG

I will start to try out the positioning of the gun & crew tonight :hmmm
Still some work to do inside but not as much as on the outside :dance
//Mats

Some action shots :D
P1070349.JPG

P1070350.JPG

P1070351.JPG

Overview of the diorama, most of it will be bricks from the smokestack
P1070352.JPG

//Mats

Thanks for the nice comments :)
still work to be done on it, but now you see, what you before only had as an idea.
//Mats

Put a basecolour on the bricks, vallejo flat brown. went over so many times and i think i found all the small white spots! (next time i will colour the plaster)
P1070640.JPG

P1070641.JPG

when dry i go over and make some bricks lighter and some darker, also i will make the remains of a metal door (used for inspection) and some bands around the smokestack.
//Mats

Some more work on the bricks, and i also started the frame for the hatch (the hatch itself will be laying on the ground)
P1070645.JPG

P1070646.JPG

P1070647.JPG

:soldier :soldier :soldier :soldier :soldier
//Mats

Thanks Terry! It's been a while since i worked on it :) now when the Torch builds are done, it's on to the next one :D
//Mats

Thanks Laura :) it's alot of trial and error but it's going forward, must make alot of bricks to fill up the area around and inside the smokestack
//Mats

First try to make plaster bricks, now i just have to cut them in length B)
P1080200.JPG

Here is a pic of the jig i use to make the plaster bricks
P1080079.JPG

//Mats

We are getting closer to the end of this campaign so i must focus!
Here is what i have done yesterday and today, i filled upp the inside corners with plaster and sprinkled some bricks in there B)
Then some fine sand and dilluted whiteglue after the plaster was dry, and then painted with tamiya flat brown. will be some more painting on this and some more texture around where the feets are but that's for after i put the guys in place :D
Hope you like it
P1080572.JPG

P1080573.JPG

P1080574.JPG

P1080575.JPG

P1080576.JPG

//Mats

Back