• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Soviet DSHK machinegun w/crew

Bagge

Found this in the stash, so i thought i build that to take care of all the german birds flying around here :pilot :D
It's going to be a quick build i hope with a small vignette base.
Obligatory start/date pic ;)
P1070261.JPG

and the boxart
P1070262.JPG

it looks like a nice kit, hope it goes together without any major problems :hmmm
//Mats

After one hour building the gun is ready for some paint, just need to drill out the barrel.

P1070263.JPG

P1070264.JPG

P1070265.JPG

It went together without problems, (y) Zvezda!
I hope the crew goes together as easily as the gun
//Mats

their new kits are just awesome! fit perfect and hardly no flash, and alot of fine details.
I like the action going on in this set :)
//Mats

The figures are ready for primer now, it was a little tricky to get them to fit right (hands molded onto the tripod legs), but i guess thats more depending on my building than the kit itself :unsure:
The gunner:
P1070279.JPG

The guy holding the leg:
P1070281.JPG

P1070283.JPG

Both together, it starting to look like some action here! :woohoo:
P1070284.JPG

The loader, here you see how i put a thin metal tread in the arm to reinforce the connection with the hand (on the tripods leg)
P1070285.JPG

Nice details and good fit!
P1070286.JPG

P1070287.JPG

Not a good pic but i drilled out the barrel of the pps gun
P1070288.JPG

Rifle
P1070289.JPG

Officer
P1070292.JPG

P1070295.JPG

P1070297.JPG

All 3 trying to bring down the 109's :pilot
P1070294.JPG

The guns included:
P1070298.JPG

Now time for primer and tomorrow painting :D
//Mats

so with the hands molded to the tripod legs they are forcing you to pose the figures as they want- little handi cap, but still a nice little set.

Think it's wise to hold the tripods legs while firing longer bursts with the 'Dushka'.
It will give quite a strong recoil!

...I remember firing the .50 Machine Gun on it's tripod.The front leg went up while firing longer bursts!

Great build so far,Mats! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

[Ooh,got something for you guys]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qZRudz9jKO4

It's also good that the hands are molded onto the legs so that they actually look like they are holding on versus just an open hand cupping the object like in many other figure sets.

This is awesome Mats! This is one set I need to get my hands on.

B)

thanks guys!!
Ken, yes it looks so much better this way, you have the option with the hands loose from the tripod to, but like you said it doesn't look like they hold on to it then.
//Mats

Busy trying to paint the figures but it's going slow, today i'm home so maybe i can get to the LHS and stock up on some russian uniform colour! :)
I used the english uniform from vallejo and added som medium skintone to that to get variation, lucky for me the russians didn't have a good standard on their uniforms so i might make it look real hahaha (pics coming later today)
//Mats

O yeah,the ww2 Sovjet uniform has many different colours.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=ww2%20russian%20uniform&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tridentmilitary.com%2FReproduction.uniforms.html&ei=2tWnTqmnN4GcOuv5uQM&usg=AFQjCNEleE3r_MXUOPdbg6UUte7rrQqoIA

I know some companies have their standard Russian uniform color,...Vallejo is the first one that comes to mind.
Good luck on doing them Mats!

Greetings,Ron.

Hi, i managed to get something done, not much but a small step forward :D
Here is something for the vignette, what it will be..... :hmmm that you will see later! :mpup
P1070307.JPG

Here is the progress of the painting, first painted the gun in vallejo gunmetal, but it looked strange so i mixed in some black in the paint, looks better i think or?
P1070309.JPG

And here is the tripod with one of the crew.
P1070308.JPG

(i saw all the spots i missed now on the pic grrr.. the camera is cruel)

and the crew, gonna pic up some paint tomorrow so i can continue paint the uniforms.
P1070310.JPG

the weapons
P1070311.JPG

Hopefully more pics tomorrow :cheer:
:soldier
//Mats

Back