• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Soviet DSHK machinegun w/crew

Saul, there is 2 legs for the tripod without hands in the kit, so you can make one without the figures holding on to it, also separate hands for the figures are included as replacements for the ones attached to the legs.
Not much done today, sitting at a cultural event with the modelclub, looking at flamenco dancers, and a spannish guy singing (first i thought he had pain somewhere but he was singing!) :)
It was a nice evening with a couple of :drinks
//Mats

:yipee (just had to try it) :D
Well this is what happened to the chimney when i worked on the upper edge damage.....
PA290249.JPG

PA290250.JPG

:bang head :bang head :bang head

But with some Bostik glue (some kind you can mix in concrete to make it stick better to the surface)
I manage to puzzle the pieces together again with some nice cracks :woohoo: :D
PA290251.JPG

PA290252.JPG

Now i leave it to dry and then we see if it holds to handle with, back to painting the crew!
//Mats

You should tell us that you meant to do it. I think it's going to look great. Make it look like a stucco with exposed bricks around the cracks.

I could have done that Bob, but i just can't lie :)
First i was thinking of carving out the bricks in the plaster but i think the walls will look to thin, so i think i go with some cork bricks all around the chimney to give it a little more thickness, the inside-walls will be full of sot and dirt, so there will just be some bricks showing at the top and in the cracks.
tried to see if the glue was drie, no i have to wait a little more :(
//Mats

In the words of George Costanza "It's not a lie if you believe it." :D Happy accidents, gotta love 'em! Looks great so far, Mats! (y)

Thanks Mike & James :)
Worked on the crew a little bit, added the weapons, tried a new way and glued them with crystal clear, interesting to see how it turns out :hmmm
Also filled in the eyes with basic skintone still some work to do to them to make them look good, also the helmets are on, colour is a mix of vallejo brown violet and reflective green and i think it works as russian green :unsure:
Now the pics!
P1070325.JPG

P1070334.JPG

P1070326.JPG

P1070335.JPG

P1070336.JPG

I'm not good at painting faces, let me know if it is somewhat ok so far :idonno
//Mats

Thanks Mike & James :)
Worked on the crew a little bit, added the weapons, tried a new way and glued them with crystal clear, interesting to see how it turns out :hmmm
Also filled in the eyes with basic skintone still some work to do to them to make them look good, also the helmets are on, colour is a mix of vallejo brown violet and reflective green and i think it works as russian green :unsure:
Now the pics!
P1070325.JPG

P1070334.JPG

P1070326.JPG

P1070335.JPG

P1070336.JPG

I'm not good at painting faces, let me know if it is somewhat ok so far :idonno
//Mats

Looking good Mats, honestly, we all need help painting faces. :v

Tell that gunner not to look into the camera! Looks like he's a bit crosseyed.

Overall it's looking good, :popcorn

"Tell that gunner not to look into the camera! Looks like he's a bit crosseyed"
Well the german pilots can feel safe then :) hahaha
//Mats

Jumping between my campaigns now :pinch:
Gave up the cork and started to scribe in the brickwork, stone by stone.... :bang head
PB050267.JPG

well i think it looks good so far, what you think?
//Mats

Nicely done,Mats! (y)

....I was thinking....maybe don't do all the brickwork,..only parts of brickwork and plaster layer.
It would save you some time.
On the other hand the whole piece done with brickwork would look great. :hmmm

Greetings,Ron.

What you have looks great, I like Ron's idea of some exposed bricks poking thru plaster. (y)

:)
yes the idea with plaster would save alot of work, but on the pics i found all the smokestacks are bare bricks, inside i will use that method with plaster because it's much harder to reach.
//Mats

MATS,

Lookin' Good ! I like th scribed bricks. Great Save on th Chimney ! it now looks like it has stress fractures ! Very Realistic !! Keep it Rollin' !!!

carving further! :fencing
P1070340.JPG

Added a opening where the crew can run in and out, there will be the remains of a metal hatch with frame in/next to the opening.
P1070339.JPG

Ok back to work... :soldier
//Mats

This is where i call it off for tonight! :gogo
I'm happy i did the bricks like this, can't wait to finnish so i can start painting it! :woohoo:
P1070344.JPG

P1070345.JPG

Have a great sunday evening! i'm off to bed :soldier
//Mats

Back