• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Soviet DSHK machinegun w/crew

Added red brown to some of the bricks
P1080577.JPG

Then some black
P1080579.JPG

Pigments Mig Brick dust
P1080584.JPG

P1080585.JPG

See you later today now i will get some sleep :)
//Mats

Thanks guys :) today hopefully put the crew in place and weather them a little to.
I hope it looks good when the pigment fixer is dry to.......
//Mats

Thanks Ron and Dave :)
I had to carve away some of the bricks and plaster inside where the gunners foot were supposed to be, so now i'm busy fixing that so it will look the same as the rest....
Soon time to dicide what base to use for it, wish i had a round one that would look nice i think :)

Here is some more pics, on the first ones you see the crew testfitted and the place where i had to carve out space for the gunners foot :blush:
P1080587.JPG

P1080588.JPG

Gotcha!!
P1080589.JPG

Painted the corrected spot.
P1080590.JPG

I also managed to make a round wooden baseplate, it took some time and some not so nice words.... :vmad
but it came out fine in the end (all fingers intact and no bleeding :dance )
P1080591.JPG

And here is the jigg for the bricks full of plaster, now just twist it alittle to get the bricks out.
P1080578.JPG

:soldier
//Mats

How cool can it get?

All it needs is sound when finished and it would be very believable Mats. (y)

Great work
Tony lee

Crew glued in place and i filled up around their feets with sand, waiting for that to dry and then it will be painted.
Also glued the smokestack to the wood base, just need to add some wood trim around the lower part of the smokestack.
P1080598.JPG

P1080599.JPG

Cheers! :drinks
Mats

Mats, I'm thinking more clutter in the bottom, and shell casings? The colors and depth are great, the sand is just a little stark right now. Really looks fantastic! :notworthy

MP the sand will be painted in brick colours and ofcourse will there be alot of shellcasings! :)
And some ammo-boxes (must order those....)
Thanks for the feedback that's always apeciated :)
//Mats

Here MP, i put some rubble underneath the gun, nothing around where the crew will be moving around (there it will be empty shells instead :D
P1080633.JPG

Been busy cutting cooper wire in small pieces to imitate shells
P1080602.JPG

That's it for today, goodnight everyone!
//Mats

Back