• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

RE.2005 Sagitario

Hey Chris ,

Long time no talk my friend !!! Hope you are doing well !!!! The Re2005 looks GREAT , one of my

favorite Italian aircraft . Looking forward to more progress !!!!! B)

best regards
JOEY

Hi and thanks Joey ! :) Will you be at the July meeting ? By then I'll have this one and the Hurri to display. Can't make it this month. :(

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Luiz and Gator. For your kind comments . Much appreciated.

Hi guys ! Just a quick update for tonight. :)

Some stains and chips on top. I have added some home made brass gun barrels as well as a pitot tube and some position lights .

Finally, attempted to add some exhaust stains based on BF 109G series since they both used the DB 605 engines. That proved to be quite tricky on this dark green.

Reggiane_002_againa.jpg

Hope you enjoy and that you will make some comments .

I'll finish It up as soon as we get back from the beach.

TTFN. Christian B)

Nice Chris. Looking very good. The thing I use for exhaust is a burnt umber artist chalk. I scrape it of and then use an eye brush (one of those little foam ones). and draw along from front to back. The chalk is heavier at front and peters out as I go. I found this the best representation yet. It also seems to change the hue of the paint around it, darkening it a bit like a heated panel.
James

Hi James . Thanks for the inputs.

I use the chalks as well the air brush. I think that part om my problems this time was the high gloss from the fluid retarder.
Plus the fact that I used the vallejo Matt instead of the Future/Tamiya mix

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi Chris ,
No unfortunately won't be able to make the meeting this week as i have to work !!!

You going to be able to make the AMPS Central SC show on July 14th ?

regards
JOEY

Hi Joey. I'm at Myrtle this week. Will be at the club in July and yes at the AMPS show.
Cheers, Christian B)

Well, just some chit chat to bring you up to speed.
The beach trip is done, our house straightened after the kids/grand kid tornadoes.
Got the anniversary celebration taken care off .
Now it's back to the bench.

Landing gear is in the wells. need some doors and actuators.
Should be able to post pictures tomorrow.
sleeping.gif

Cheers, Christian B)

Well, no ! I strongly suspect that the same Gremlin is also responsible for giving me problems with my Flash drive :vmad

Trying to manufacture some doors for the aft gear. Good grief they're small :blink

Cheers, Christian B)

At long last this one is finished ! :)

finished_at_last_007a.jpg

finished_at_last_006a.jpg

finished_at_last_008a.jpg

I have really fallen in love with these sword kits . A bit pricey compared to Airfix of some other old molds but they are well worth the price if you want a good final result. :)

finished_at_last_009a.jpg

finished_at_last_010a.jpg

finished_at_last_011a.jpg

finished_at_last_013a.jpg

Even the landing gear is very well engineered unlike previous molds that got it all wrong.

A bit fiddley but that was mostly due to my fingers.

finished_at_last_014a.jpg

Just noticed the retract actuators are spotless. Guess I'll trow some grease on them :fencing

Just remember , if you want to build one of these, choose the sword kit. Not this one ( in my opinion)

finished_at_last_004a.jpg

Hope you enjoy ! Comments welcome . :pilot

Cheers Christian B)

Back