• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

RE.2005 Sagitario

Yes it was . Wrote that one down in the notebook so I don't forget. :S

Now I also know how to get a really good glossy paint job with acrylics as well .

That paint brush technique is truly a no brainer . :)

Cheers, Christian

Awesome save Chris. You know with all the Italian birds you have been showing us, I've decided I need one too. Luckily the markings for my Ju-87 have an Italian scheme. :D
James

Thank MP & James . Hope this can benefit someone else too . :cheer:

James, you're only going half way with the Italian ?

I have been considering a French attack plane for the near future ( hard to conceive that ) but Mike keeps dragging me back to this Macchi 202 . So many interesting choice ! :woohoo:

Cheers, Christian B)

Dam clever writing it down ;) I sometimes come up with things like that and think...Oh i will remember that..but never do. I must write down that i need to write things down. :) Looks bloody excellent now..great save !

Mike keeps dragging me back to this Macchi 202 . So many interesting choice

So true!

wacky_macchi.jpg

MC-202_usa03.jpg

Regards,

Hi Saul ! I'm guessing you don't want a French attack plane either :hmmm

Good picture. I have never seen that one before but I have to admit to my surprise . You posted a picture that has no teeth :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

I'm guessing you don't want a French attack plane either :hmmm

Good picture. I have never seen that one before but I have to admit to my surprise . You posted a picture that has no teeth

Christian,

I like weapons that are captured and used. So this fits my collection even if it doesn't need a dentist! I like French aircraft too but many aren't as pleasing to the eyes as most Italian aircraft.

Regards,

Seen on Craig's List

For Sale, French Army Rifle, Dropped Once, Never Fired. :laugh:

Yeah, the 202!!!!!! (y)

Well , I think I've seen them all but I can't think of any that are pleasing to the eye ( not WW II anyway ) .

I just can't place a Renault or a Citroen next to a Ferrari , Maserati or even an Alfa Romeo and think it's the same thing :S

I just have an interest in all of them, as ungainly as some may be. Than I think of the brave men who flew them , knowing they never had a fair chance. It was all done on courage alone .

Strangely enough, I don't have any captured planes but I think that has to do with too many choices and not enough time.

Cheers, Christian B)

Well , I think I've seen them all but I can't think of any that are pleasing to the eye ( not WW II anyway ) .

A few decades ago, I built several French aircraft for a collector. Many were resin from JMGT, Fonderie Miniature, Pend Oreille, and Fox Echo. These included the Bloch 150/151/152 with the canted nose, Breguet 693, Caudron C. 714, Latecoere 298 (with sharkmouth), and Dewoitine D.520 (with sharkmouth). The latter subject, a kit from Fox Echo, was about to be started when Ltd came out with their polystyrene release and I built that instead. The Fox Echo kit is still in my stash. Of course, Tamiya later came out with their kit.

The rest of the French Air Force I built for the collector were the Curtiss H.75 (Hobbycraft) and DB-7 (conversion of AMT kit).

Regards,

http://www.worldwarbirdnews.com/2012/03/02/a-potez-63-11-will-soon-fly-in-texas/

I thought you guys might enjoy a Jimmy Durante nose ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Meanwhile. just adding a bit of evidence of it's use.

At this point in the war they probably were flown to the point of destruction. :(

Lightning_001_28229a.jpg

Got brave and tried something new in this phase: Vallejo Matt Varnish :cheer: Really like the way it went on so far !

Comments always welcomed .

Cheers, Christian B)

It is. I needed to flatten the finish to give the dirt some grip . Goes on very smooth. Dries very quikly.

Will probably return the finis back to semi gloss when I'm done with the top side .

Cheers, Christian B)

I'm not even able to comment on resin kits, but I have the Azur version in the box and so far it looks buildable.
Of course, who knows what will happen from that point on. :S Just one of those things . Most likely just interesting . It ain't pretty :stinker

Cheers, Christian B)

Back