• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

RE.2005 Sagitario

That sure is a sexy looking aircraft!

Love what you've done with it so far and look forward to the rest of the build. :popcorn

My first thought when looking at this aircraft was Schneider Trophy ! so its no surprise if the spitfire was the most beautiful allied aircraft, descended from the Supermarine SB Schneider Trophy racer then the best looking axis aircraft would be too :)
You can sort of see it here with the Maachi M52
mc72a_486.jpg

I have to admit the Macci racer is one of the sharpest looking racers ever. Would like to be able to get a good look at one sometimes .
Different company though but it sure looks like they were comparing some notes. :woohoo:

Cheers, Christian B)

I really like the Macchi-Castoldi MC72 posted by Paddy. Moore had a Fiat AS6 with twenty-four-cylinder V (with impressive power, it seems to me 3000hp) that once drove two propellers counter-rotating two-bladed fixed pitch. And 'yet Modial speed record holder for piston-engine seaplane with an average of 703 km / h. ..

Well, finally managed to get some free space in the model room to take some pictures of the lightning. :yipee . It's been curing in a safe place for a good while.

new_RE_2005_012d.jpg

new_RE_2005_010a.jpg

new_RE_2005_011a.jpg

lightning_001a.jpg

Not much to brag about yet but I'm happy with the shades of the colors and I can start on the decals in the morning.

Comments welcome as usual. Cheers, Christian B)

I know, I can see where the Italians get the lines for their sleek cars. It's a shame none have survived t be tested and admired. :(
Almost a shame to dirty it.
Cheers, Christian B)

Looking good Christian!!! I guess you don't have to dirty it.

B)

Well, I have never seen a airplane in use that does not show some dirt or wear but since these had limited service it will have to be subtle.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Bob. As I have stated before, I'm very pleased with Sword models so far. Great workmanship.
In my opinion, this is a graceful airplane,so all things combined it's easy to make it look good.

I am orking on decals now . They are made by Techmod and are a real joy to install. Extremely well detailed, very thin and going on perfectly with just a bit of Micro Sol . Very reminiscent of how the Microscale decals of old went on. A quality product ! :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Well, not a great picture, but you'll get the idea . I just put it back in a safe place after nearly launching it across the room with this jury rigged background.

re_205_update_001a.jpg

Clear coat tomorrow :pilot

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks James. Kind of fun to do something simple for a change. There appears to have been a lot of green/gray Italian airplanes but this one did not get a chance to evolve further.

Probably some in German markings but I have yet to find a real picture of one.

Glad you like it. It that scheme seems to be perfect for those lines .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back