• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

On30 Gas Sta.Texas Outlaws O scale (almost done)

Swordsman

Okie - dokie ... I started on this this weekend, in between doing other unmentionable things ...

h4358281_2016-01-05.JPG

The kit ... inside lots of white metal parts laser-cut wood and a pile of different size scale lumber ...

h42deddd.JPG

ha5c9a74.JPG

My friend grabbed the side of the building and pre-weathered the wood ....

hd126214_2016-01-05.JPG

These type pens are great for weathering wood ...

h4f5e7ce.JPG

Some of the white metal stuff ... lots of clean-up but not as much as some kits I've built ... :woohoo:

h9b49539.JPG

h356d713.JPG

h4892120.JPG

I cleaned up the 'ol visable gas pumps & just waiting for a decision on the color ... thinking red & orange ... I also put the nozzles on the hoses ...

hd9f08c0.JPG

h9819559.JPG

I made the sub-floor ...I know it's not a base 2'foot on center ... but it won't show ... :woohoo:

hc2389b8.JPG

hfaa5daa.JPG

the floor was the orange color 1st ... then I added nail holes 2' on center & some knots ....

The Thirty's Gas Station evergreen Kit/Scratch

Here's some more photos ... this Gas Station has all the wrenches & hammers vice for the work bench, so it will need to be lighted so you can see inside ... Here are more shots of the knots in the floor .... wall stud work ...

hfe57f21.JPG

h9002bfd.JPG

hc19fc36.JPG

h1fc43aa.JPG

h37a364d.JPG

h8b21354.JPG

This last photo shows 1st weathering on studs ... used the Warm grey pen ... notice how the wall absorbed the color also ... now onto the front of station and the rear ...

Thanks for following Luiz ... Fixing to get on it this morning ....

Not just trains...but more important...scenery stuff. :coolio

Funny thing...I was just checking the other day to see how close HO was to 1/72..... :rotf

1:72 is the grey area of scales too big for HO so, you would have to use forced prospective where you make things looked farther away by putting smaller objects in the back ground .... A unique art but it can be done ...

Back