• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

On30 Gas Sta.Texas Outlaws O scale (almost done)

The Thirty's Gas Station evergreen Kit/Scratch

Thanks Randy I should have that stuff ... Oh-Well ... I was hoping y'all need some home chemistry stuff ... Thanks I have new photos I've just been real busy & then I been having blue chair trouble also ... :rotf

Al-righty then time for an update ... If your looking for scale wood lumber this is the place ...

hf012f6d.JPG

Tell you the truth I can't remember where I left off ... so in review added nail holes the siding ....

hda60651.JPG

hdd26ba8.JPG

h0131913.JPG

Working on the work bench accessories, gas pumps & tools ...

hbe1fc3f.JPG

h4514e8c.JPG

h29ea4f8.JPG

Working on overhang ... (drive-thru) ... pony wall, trim & front windows

h033274e.JPG

ha9305ca.JPG

h7894d8f.JPG

I put the glass in the window panes ...

h4eea828.JPG

h1da69ac.JPG

There's more but ... I must run get My truck inspected & licensed ... :good:

Great job so far, Gerry!...fantastic use of minatures :good:

Luiz

Thanks Luiz & Ed ... I put the trim on and cleaned up the trim paint ...

h30b62fc.JPG

h71839d4.JPG

I'm working on a foundation ... I put the back on and worked on the pumps ...

h38dad80.JPG

h9935464.JPG

h52d5889.JPG

That's all for now ... Cheers !!!

Ok time for update ... working hard on this as I need it this weekend ... rear engine T-bucket

Clean painted body, painted & de-seamed tires & drilled the intakes & exhaust repainted black

h114c99b.JPG

h400a445.JPG

Work bench is working out well ...

h8521d67.JPG

h921235c.JPG

All the winders are in with glass ... I hope to get this wired for light ...

h4b3e030.JPG

hf3f3a13.JPG

hd6ea9e6.JPG

Going home to finish her up ..... :woohoo:

Lookin' good Gerry (y) Ya might wanna look at the grinder, looks backwards to me, at least in the pics anyhow... :drinks

Lookin' good Gerry (y) Ya might wanna look at the grinder, looks backwards to me, at least in the pics anyhow... :drinks

If the stones go to the front, then it would be right ... Maybe you'd better take a harder squint at it ... Thanks I think ... :laugh:

If the stones go to the front, then it would be right ... Maybe you'd better take a harder squint at it ... Thanks I think ... :laugh:

I wuz lookin' fer the on/off toggle switch which is usually on the base in the front.... :drinks :tomato :tomato

Well since the thing is about a 1/4" long I don't think most rivet counters would look for a toggle switch in this size ... Then there are some people who would & also some who would model a switch ... but not Me ... :woohoo: :bat :salute

On a more serious note here's where I'm at in making this Gas station ... I will be making a sales counter, more detail parts will have to be made ... & purchased

I made the pump Island ... :good:

h7bf3462.JPG

I also put the gravel on ... I use 50% Elmer's wood glue & 50% water with a couple of drops of dish soap ... it breaks surface tension and water mixture flows better.

h1acc3a0.JPG

I installed the pumps on the island & the overhang's braces ... :good:

h51184e7.JPG

hfd1b519.JPG

Then I put the wood burning stove in and plumbed the pipe's ... after that I swept up & put the broom in the corner ... :woohoo:

heb719bc.JPG

Thanks for looking in ... Cheers ... (y)

Well since the thing is about a 1/4" long I don't think most rivet counters would look for a toggle switch in this size ... Then there are some people who would & also some who would model a switch ... but not Me ... :woohoo: :bat :salute

:good:

Back