• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Italeri Alfa 2300 FINISHED

I have the rear wired screws fitted and the front rivets also
Pretty much flush on the inside but enough not to cause a problem

DSC_4232.JPG

DSC_4235.JPG

Also need to fit the instrument panel before i can fit that part of the body

DSC_4236.JPG

Still need to add the "3D" parts but quite pleased with this flat version.

The bezels are part of the dash and just sprayed with Alclad brass . I basically sprayed most of the dash alclad brass then hand painted in the grey around the bezels.

O. M. G.!! This level of skill is inconceivable! And yes, that word means what I think it means LOL. I am in awe here. A goal to shoot for for sure.

Sad day here with one eye on the TV and the Queens funeral and the other on my ignition system and plug leads.

You do get the distributor in the kit but they have it wired direct to the plug caps and dont use the overhead rail to "tidy" the leads as they should.

DSC_4248.JPG

It would be near impossible to actually thread the leads down the tube and out the exit holes so a bit of deception needed :)

DSC_4251.JPG

home made plug caps using 2 diameters of plastic tube

DSC_4254.JPG

And fitted in situ

DSC_4256.JPG

I still have to wire the coil into the distributor but that should be easy after the plug leads :cool:

Coil is on which finishes the ignition and i have also formed a brass mesh dome for the air intake on the super charger.

DSC_4285.JPG

The headlamps are just one piece shells with a lens so you have to mask off your own rims and alclad them in shinny :)

DSC_4286.JPG

Main body is n now

DSC_4284.JPG

DSC_4287.JPG

I now realise there are windscreens and frames to add but there are no markings or fixing for these, I wish i had put the frames on before i sprayed the body.........and there was me thinking i had planned this build :)

Body is held on with screws but you could glue it and fill the holes. If you do that, glue it and hold it in place with the screws then take the screws out later.

Looking sweet, the leather seats look comfy. Can you do anything to the firewall, looks a bit monotone right now.

Yea i will go round with a wash on the engine a firewall, maybe a bit of shadowing like you showed me on the Chevy desert truck i did where you said lighten/darken the centre of the panels with a dust type pigment.

Back