• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

OH-13S

centaur567

My second entry is going to be an OH-13S used by the Aussies based at Nui Dat. Gary

h99fc01c_2016-08-17.JPG

h56dd021_2016-08-17.JPG

I was originally going to use metal rods to remake the tail boom. Too many bends and attachments. So I decided to thin down the parts with the back of a zacto blade. Still not finished. Hope I wasn't entering too soon. Gary

h5fd0c94.JPG

heb6827d_2016-08-17.JPG

Most of the tailboom assembled. The engine is a little jewel. Making flight controls. Gary

h94f9e4c_2016-08-17.JPG

Get some!

Those tailbooms look like a bundle of toothpicks.

Looking forward to seeing what you make of this one. :popcorn

you know someone came out with some attachment type PE stuff to link brass rod. PE Ts and X. I got the same kit and was thinking of using the kit parts as my guide. If I ever get a resistance solder station I might have to give it a go.

:popcorn

I thought about making one with metal rod I bought, but there are a LOT of angles and attachments. So I decided to thin them down the best I could. Also while finding pics of OH-13's used at Nui Dat with the 161st Recce there was a Cobra with I think is in Aussie markings.
Gary

hb395f4d.jpg

Sorry, I didn't mean for that to sound so negative. No reflection on what you're doing Gary. Just the nature of that subject. :popcorn

h545e35a.JPG

h399d45b.JPG

ha6f0703.JPG

Push/pull tubes for flight controls were installed. Made from spares and bits and needs paint. Seat and crew member temporarily installed. Gary

h0af07e2.JPG

h009333c.JPG

hc5800f0.JPG

Finished main flight controls. Added more detail underneath for tail rotor and sync elevator control cables. Installed fuel tanks with plumbing. Not going to add any more though, it's a plumber's nightmare. Seat also painted and installed. Gary

Back