• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MITSUBISHI G4M "BETTY""COMING OUT TONIGHT"

Re: MITSUBISHI G4M "BETTY""GET YOUR MASK ON"

Oof...I won't complain about the SBD or EA-6 canopies anymore ;). Looks great Terry!!!

Holy smoke, Terry- that is a boatload of baremetal foil! Sa-lute!

Gosh Terry, that is a lot of work. I'm gonna make sure I have some pre cut mask for mine. Looking very interesting....Kind of like a blimp with wings... :popcorn

Cheers, Christian

Holy smoke, Terry- that is a boatload of baremetal foil! Sa-lute!

Thanks chukw!! I think I will do something with less glass next time. :laugh:

B)

Gosh Terry, that is a lot of work. I'm gonna make sure I have some pre cut mask for mine. Looking very interesting....Kind of like a blimp with wings... :popcorn

Cheers, Christian

That would be a good idea about the pre-cut masks. I think it looks like a big cigar with wings.

B)

Looking good Terry. All those frames, must have been tedious. (y) (y) (y)
James

thats a hell of a masking job - well done Sir!

Betty is looking mighty fine, Terry!

(y)

YOWWWWZA that Betty looks great. :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks Mike.

Re: MITSUBISHI G4M "BETTY""ENGINES TURNING"

Over the weekend I finished the engines for the Betty. The engines were the last things I needed to assembly so now Betty is ready for paint, but that's for the next update. Right now we are going to look at the engines. All engines should be wired; so that's what I did. The kit only gives you the engine fronts, but they are pretty detailed. The engines for the Betty were twin radials so there would be an ignition wire for each cylinder. I had to drill holes in each cylinder head and at the base of each cylinder to install the wiring.

DSC06629.JPG

DSC06630.JPG

With the wiring completed the painting and detailing can begin. I started by painting the engines exhaust black(ModelMaster Metalizer)

DSC06631.JPG

Next the propeller shaft housing get a coat of flat aluminum(Tamiya)

DSC06632.JPG

To highlight the cylinder cooling fin details I dry brushed with silver(Testors Silver). I also painted the cylinder covers flat Titamium(Tamiya)

DSC06633.JPG

Next I painted the lifter rods silver(Testors Silver) and the ingnition wires red brown(Tamiya)

DSC06634.JPG

With one more coat of flat aluminum on the propeller housing the engines assemblied into the cowlings and they are ready to go on the plane.

DSC06635.JPG

Now let the painting begin. So stay tuned.

Terry B)

Re: MITSUBISHI G4M "BETTY""ENGINES TURNING"

nice detailing, is that florist's wire?

Regards,

Back