• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MITSUBISHI G4M "BETTY""COMING OUT TONIGHT"

Re: MITSUBISHI G4M "BETTY" BOMBER-'INTERIOR PAINT"

Looks nice Terry (y) I have one that I have been itching to build and came close to choosing it for this group build. I am interested in seeing how well it goes together.

On the issue of the bomb bay the Betty didn't have operating bomb bay doors. When they carried bombs or a torpedo they physically took the doors off. Typically the only time the doors were installed was for ferry moves of reconnaissance missions. If you look at the painting on the box there are no bomb bay doors.

I would say you're about back to the same progress as the 25. That didn't take long did it?

Looks just as good too (y)
Tony lee :)

Looks nice Terry (y) I have one that I have been itching to build and came close to choosing it for this group build. I am interested in seeing how well it goes together.

On the issue of the bomb bay the Betty didn't have operating bomb bay doors. When they carried bombs or a torpedo they physically took the doors off. Typically the only time the doors were installed was for ferry moves of reconnaissance missions. If you look at the painting on the box there are no bomb bay doors.

It sounds more like it was a transport adapted into the bomber role. I have to admit that I never really read up on the subject. heading to wiki now.

Looking good Terry. This is one kit I never got. Kind of wish I still did 1/48 (y) (y)
James

Thanks Dog!! That info will give me some choices to make. :hmmm

Terry B)

I would say you're about back to the same progress as the 25. That didn't take long did it?

Looks just as good too(y)
Tony lee:)

Yeah Tony there's not as many parts either. :laugh:

how did it come that I missed your Betty so far? I'm sorry for that.

the kit looks good. I like the pit you've done esp. the tables. But I would suggest to have a better place for the sushi bar :)

how did it come that I missed your Betty so far? I'm sorry for that.

the kit looks good. I like the pit you've done esp. the tables. But I would suggest to have a better place for the sushi bar :)

Well don't worry too much. I really just got started. My first project go destroyed soooo I had to start over. Thanks for the comments.

Terry B)

Re: MITSUBISHI G4M "BETTY" BOMBER-'PILOT PAINTING"

Just a small update. I painted one of the pilot figures I only have two more to go. Here's how he came out. comments welcome.

Terry B)

DSC05198.JPG

DSC05196.JPG

DSC05197.JPG

B)

I had forgotten it was 1/48th until you said something. Lordy that is small and looks good too.:notworthy

Would have been nice to have had one hand on the yoke.

I had forgotten it was 1/48th until you said something. Lordy that is small and looks good too.:notworthy

Would have been nice to have had one hand on the yoke.

:laugh: Kamikazi pilot :laugh: Thanks Tony!

Terry ;)

Nah, he just has it on auto pilot, looks great to me, I have no talent at painting figures !

Really looking good Terry(y) (y) (y) (y)

Getting some good ideas for paint when I get going!

Randy

Nice work Terry, since it's going to be manned, you doing gear up?

Back