• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MITSUBISHI G4M "BETTY""COMING OUT TONIGHT"

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Well I could'nt let the utter destruction of my B-26 stop me from completing something for this GB. After consultation with some forum members I have desided to start a new project "G4M Betty Bomber". Here are the start up pictures and some interior progress shots. So here we go again. Maybe this one will get off the ground.

Terry (y)

DSC05178.JPG

DSC05179.JPG

DSC05180.JPG

DSC05181.JPG

DSC05182.JPG

DSC05183.JPG

B)

Re: MITSUBISHI G4M "BETTY" BOMBER-'BACK IN THE SADDLE"

Nice, all we need is a P-38 to bring down Yamamoto!
;)

Regards,

That looks like a very uncomfortable chair behind the copilot.

So the Betty didn't have a traditional bomb bay that went up the entire depth of the fuselage?

Nice, all we need is a P-38 to bring down Yamamoto!
;)

Regards,

You will just have to wait for the "Fighter Command" GB to do that. Wait did I say "Fighter Command"???? :hmmm

Terry :hmmm

That looks like a very uncomfortable chair behind the copilot.

So the Betty didn't have a traditional bomb bay that went up the entire depth of the fuselage?

Nope the bombay is really shallow. The Betty could also carry a torpedo. Bye bye HMS Prince of Wales. :pinch:

Are those metal corrugations or did Tamiya forget to portray the lashing of the bamboo structures?

:pp

Regards,

Are those metal corrugations or did Tamiya forget to portray the lashing of the bamboo structures?

Regards,

"Bambo"????? Well the bomber had weight issues so maybe so. :laugh:

Terry :silly:

WE don't need no stinking fighter command. The B-25 will be flying after a while. We'll get him on the ground.
Golly, everything looks so much better in 1/48 :sick: . Looks like a cool model to start with.

Cheers, Christian B)

WE don't need no stinking fighter command. The B-25 will be flying after a while. We'll get him on the ground.
Golly, everything looks so much better in 1/48 :sick: . Looks like a cool model to start with.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Christian!!! Yeah I like 1/48 bombers, but need a barn to store them in.

B)

HOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO :D , That's why I build in tiny scale but I can't deny the quality of the kits !

Where's the Sushi bar ?

Cheers, Chrstian B)

HOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO :D , That's why I build in tiny scale but I can't deny the quality of the kits !

Where's the Sushi bar ?

Cheers, Chrstian B)

Over the bombay. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

kewl beans!

that's a very nice start on a beautiful kit (well, it's tamiya so i presume it's beautiful!)

kewl beans!

that's a very nice start on a beautiful kit (well, it's tamiya so i presume it's beautiful!)

Yes it is a nice kit. Everything fits together.

Terry B)

MITSUBISHI G4M "BETTY" BOMBER-'INTERIOR PAINT"

Went home last night and painted the interior on the Betty. The color Tamiya XF-22 RLM Grey. I gave a black oil wash to the floor and some of the cockpit parts. Here are some pictures of the result. Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC05184.JPG

DSC05185.JPG

DSC05187.JPG

DSC05186.JPG

B)

Re: MITSUBISHI G4M "BETTY" BOMBER-'INTERIOR PAINT"

Lovely paint job on the wood!

Regards,

Thanks Saul! I forgot about that. The wood is done by putting down Tamiya Dark Yellow and then I streak it with Burnt Sienna oil paint.

Terry B)

Looking really nice Terry. I especially like the wood treatment .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back