• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Military Bulldozer X3

That seems to be a trait of the model itself not anything you have done . Johns picture above of the real thing seems to have a different jib

1663036652864.png

It may be that they did it that way so they could use the same frame with the kits that had the angle dozer, Bob. I wouldn't stress over it.

Told ya I got a plan
Surgery.

1663117929076.png

After building this sumbrich for 7 years I'm not going to let a silly mistake sideline me. Told'all I'm gonna git'er done.

I pulled all this off, cleaned it up and ended up looking better than before IMHO.

1663118022060.png

1663118038115.png

1663118051822.png

1663118092555.png

And the piece duh resistance....or how ever you spell it.
1663118139861.png

Track Clearance.
Going to hit it with Nato Black again and then start turning it OD. Might clean up that seam up top of that frame... :coolio2:

Last edited:
I was on the wrong track, i thought you were worried about the verticals leaning forward so my previous post was nonsense :)

No you are right Paddy, there is a lean forward on the front support rig, not on the back A frame. I should have tipped myself off when the cross member didn't mate up correctly, it was just on the edge and I had to push the rear A frame forward to meet, I should have known better. It's all god now, I'll be squirtin' all sorts of paint tomorrow. :stinker:

Getting some color in now. That rusty muffler is just too bright. Will keep at it.

1663447603051.png

all I'm doing with the tracks is I painted them Nato Black and hitting it with that Iron pigment stuff you see in the background using the rubber head things.
1663447740973.png

1663447764223.png

Not sure what I'm going to do about the engine. Eric and I were looking at the original photo and it didn't look that grimy. Really am thrilled to be getting on with this now.

About the only place a Caterpillar engine leaks is from the exhaust manifold and that doesn't happen until they get a lot of time on them. They are very well sealed up. The 6 cylinder engine used in the Cat 12 Grader and the D-6 are more prone to that. The original D-6 had a 3 cylinder engine, the 7 had four, and the D8 had 6, all the same cylinders.

Thanks John, so the sounds of it we're only gonna get dusty up in there. That's what it looks like in the original photos.

Back