• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Military Bulldozer X3

Military Bulldozer X2

Looks good. Shoot some dark gray and then add highlites of the Humbrol 27003, buffing some more than others. You can mask the tracks off when you paint the wheels by using a Post It note or a piece of postcard stock. Rock on!

:drinks

Military Bulldozer X2

Looks good. Shoot some dark gray and then add highlites of the Humbrol 27003, buffing some more than others. You can mask the tracks off when you paint the wheels by using a Post It note or a piece of postcard stock. Rock on!

Read this too late. Already shot 27003 all over the place. Even the running gear, figure I can top coat some OD then scrap it off for effect. I put down a nice thick coat so will let that cure for a couple of days before buffin'. Plan worked well. Now I'll move on with getting the hood and radiator installed. :soldier

Military Bulldozer X2

And she's up.

h70adbe6.jpg

h3b7db8c.jpg

Had something happen on the upper tracks toward the rear on the left. I may attempt to fix that, sagging is one thing, I don't think they would be warped like that.
what y'all think? :hmmm

Military Bulldozer X2

I know...:bang head.

I glued in place the Idler and as it turned out, I was short a half a track length. I was able to free the Idler on the rhs. I really hate these tracks.

Military Bulldozer X2

My plan to beat the tracks into submission.

h345fd7b.jpg

I realized building new tracks were not making any difference in how they were going together so I'm going back to the ones that are already made. Treating them more like link and run type tracks. Now to figure out how best to paint them. :facepalm

It looks like part of the issue is that not all the links are completely square to one another. There's angles between the links that add space, so over the course of the entire run, the run gets longer. Also, I'd try to position a joint over the mid rollers (if possible) that would help in making the sag smoother. Since I've never had my hands on this kit, this is just a SWAG. The details are looking swell, carry on. :soldier

Military Bulldozer X2

And she's up.

h70adbe6.jpg

h3b7db8c.jpg

Had something happen on the upper tracks toward the rear on the left. I may attempt to fix that, sagging is one thing, I don't think they would be warped like that.
what y'all think? :hmmm

:frantic Yeah, she's up. :)

Now if it was chrome plated , all your dreams would come true :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Military Bulldozer X2

Thanks guys. Mike at that time that was just a test fit, nothing was glued in. Really wish Mirror had done these in length and link style.

Military Bulldozer X2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yil9wlfa0yo

Yeah, that's better. (y)

Back