• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Korean Sherman: Done

Korean Sherman

Gotten over my hang ups...ammo bracket stuff is done on the right side, will do the other tomorrow.

sorry for the bad shot, think the lens needs to be cleaned.
Sherman022~0.jpg

Sherman023~0.jpg

Got to look if Lil Dog is water or gas can.

Sherman024.jpg

Gas can don't you think?

Korean Sherman

Got to look if Lil Dog is water or gas can.

Sherman024.jpg

Gas can don't you think?

Gas can. See this site form some great history:
http://olive-drab.com/od_mvg_jerry_can.php

Here is a water can restoration:
http://www.90thidpg.us/Equipment/Projects/WaterCanResto/index.html

Regards,

Korean Sherman

New brackets look good! (y) Sure might spoil your day if you get the cans mixed up. :sick:

Korean Sherman

This is the rear rack on the subject tank...

Sherman025.jpg

Can you make it out? looks like two parallel bars with support coming up at the corner, possibly more supports spaced out. Not sure how it would attached to that stowage rack but no one can tell me I did it wrong either. :dude

So... :hmmm :hmmm

Korean Sherman

Productive hour tonight.

Sherman026~0.jpg

Here's a better shot of that forward can rack

Sherman027~0.jpg

Overall shot, just got to place the aft rack and can and some other stuff.

Sherman028~0.jpg

looking at the blown up shot it looked to me that the rack was bent on the LHS but welded on the RHS. so..that's what I did.

Sherman029.jpg

Sherman030.jpg

basically built a latter and bent it around some for the rack on the stowage rack. Just dry fitted just now.

Whacha think?

Korean Sherman

Should have never messed with those springs. the kit parts were fine but nooooo...I had to go muckin' with them.
Sherman031.jpg

Finially found the right size wire to make the springs. Oddly enough the better looking spring was the first one. May pop the second one off and try again, or throw a tarp over it :mpup

Got to get the machine gun mount and stowage fixed up. Then the dreaded tracks...

Korean Sherman

Rumor has it you got a bitchin' brass MG for this baby. :D Springs are looking good and I really like the racks! (y)

Korean Sherman

You like my racks?? :kiss:

:facepalm

And thanks for that MG, I keep putting this off cause of the tracks. just not sure what to do yet. :idonno

Korean Sherman

Yeah, nice rack!

Bullwinkle.jpg

:laugh:

Best advice on tracks, do a little at a time and before you know it, you're done. :idonno

Korean Sherman

Hell no don't cover those springs. They look just fine. Replacing the hatch springs really makes the turret pop.

:smack :rotf

Korean Sherman

Hell no don't cover those springs. They look just fine. Replacing the hatch springs really makes the turret pop.

No I was only talking about the one that's kinda wonky. I like the first one. :pilot opps...! :soldier

Korean Sherman

No I was only talking about the one that's kinda wonky. I like the first one. :pilot opps...! :soldier

I wouldn't worry about the other one either. All people are gonna say is "look he put real springs on that hatch"

B)

Korean Sherman

The Legion PE set comes with a replacement stowage rack on the rear so of course I had to replace what I did.

Wasn't too hard.
Sherman032.jpg

The scratch built rack fit right in. Not bothering with the hinges inside because ammo boxes will cover them, same thing with the tie downs.

Sherman033.jpg

Hope you likey...:soldier

Back