• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Korean Sherman: Done

Korean Sherman

I'll have pictures tomorrow, hull is closed up and suspension built. Now just have to figure out the painting plan.

I really like this kit. Very engaging, lots of potential and I like how they make the bow gun movable so we can make that machine gun sound while taking out the enemy...:rotf

Is there AM Interior for this kit?

Korean Sherman

I was wondering because like on the firewall, seems to have panel lines there and the escape hatch under the hull is outlined inside. I'll have pictures up today.

Korean Sherman

I was wondering because like on the firewall, seems to have panel lines there and the escape hatch under the hull is outlined inside.

Well, this was done in preparation for the M32 from which you can steal an interior or order sprues.

See what Terry did here with his:
http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/tasca/tasca35026d01.html

Regards,

Korean Sherman

It's progress, though not much.

got all the boogies built. One has a slight problem. the big spring in the middle is on backwards, I wounder if anyone would have notice but I told it anyways...

Sherman006%7E0.jpg

Just thinking of how and when to start painting it. Moving on to get all the doodads on the hull and turret.

The debate I have right now is should I have the vision ports open or closed. Hatches are going to be closed.

Re: Korean Sherman

As far as the vision ports. Have some open and some closed. Don't forget to make drain holes in fuel cap shields.

m4a3e8_034_of_109.jpg

B)

I saw that, think Tasca gave us a small indention where that hole is, not sure how to make a half hole but it'll be close...:rotf

Looked back at my reference photo and the vision ports are closed so that'll make things easy for painting.

I think there's some casting marks due for the transmission cover also, checking out the recently purchased Son of ShermanVol 1, got some good cross references there.

Good book! Here are some more details that will make the model pop.

m4a218.jpg

B)

Thanks Terry, I was checking the book about the 76mm Turret, notice the gun mount there in that picture, now go back to the first page and see where the mount is there. It should be forward and center but I don't find any reference to that arrangement in the book. And it's not a one off, the other pictures have the same arrangement.

Thanks Terry, I was checking the book about the 76mm Turret, notice the gun mount there in that picture, now go back to the first page and see where the mount is there. It should be forward and center but I don't find any reference to that arrangement in the book. And it's not a one off, the other pictures have the same arrangement.

You talking about the pintle mount for the MaDuce?

B)

OH M2...yeah. The location of the mount for the .50 M2

It's far forward of everything I'm seeing for the type of turret this has. Is this a field mod?

OH M2...yeah. The location of the mount for the .50 M2

It's far forward of everything I'm seeing for the type of turret this has. Is this a field mod?

Could be a field mod and maybe unit specific. I will get my sherman bible and look for the turret arrangements. The .50 was supposed to be used and anti aircraft weapon that was fired from outside the turret. Some crew moved the mount to make it a better defensive weapon.

B)

If it's field mod then it is unit wide because the other photos has the same arrangement.

Thanks Terry. I got another Sherman book around here, not that big one.

Here's another to ponder over.

http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/koreanwarcoloursps_2.htm

Looks like it's on the far left side in front of the loader hatch.

All appear to be field modifications. After consulting Hunnicut all production M4A3's had the pintle mounted on the center rear of the turret. Some early M4A3 turrets had the split hatch either for the commander or loader and these had a small pintle attached to the rotatiing ring, but was used to mount a .30 cal browning.
Many crewsand even units moved the .50 cal mount forward to make it a better defensive weapon.

Terry B)

Cool, think what I'll do is leave that mounting block in place and scratch a new one up forward.

Thanks Terry! (y)

That would be correct. Don't forget the weld bead aroung the mounting plate.

B)

Back