• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I feel compelled to repost this...

Florence born here Bob, We all know what a real BBQ is.

PulledPork.jpg

:drinks

I made these the other day...Country Pork Ribs.

Country_Pork_Ribs.jpg

I sorta BBQ'd them on the grill. I put the meat on the right side and turned the left most burner
on as low as it would go and let them sit there about 6 hours, basted them the last 20 minutes.
Not true BBQ, but was good!!! Considering I usually burn the living crap out of them...

Tom

I made these the other day...Country Pork Ribs.

Country_Pork_Ribs.jpg

I sorta BBQ'd them on the grill. I put the meat on the right side and turned the left most burner
on as low as it would go and let them sit there about 6 hours, basted them the last 20 minutes.
Not true BBQ, but was good!!! Considering I usually burn the living crap out of them...

Tom

Good job! Nailed the texture... :rotf

Man I love those ribs! I got a whole rack one time and smoked it like hours on end. :dude

OH. My God! Beautiful grub.

This:
Ingredients
3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup paprika
1/4 cup Morton's kosher salt
1/4 cup garlic powder
2 tablespoons ground black pepper
2 tablespoons ground ginger powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 teaspoons rosemary powder

Is a fantastic rub. .It's a bit too sweet for chicken but, for pork, it is Bee's Knee's.

I like to use mustard as a base but vegetable oil is OK too. Smear your meat in whatever, apply the rub* and
slap it in the grill. (24 hours prior is best but, 2 hours is fine too)

*ITS A RUB! RUB IT IN! MAKE THE MEAT OWN IT!

Hmmm...might have to try that. Good shoulder would work with the rub. Now I'm going to have to fire up the smoke box this weekend, right after the humidity shot up to 120% :bang head

June 2012
Cooking for Gunfighter Jr.'s graduation party. Three hours in....
55 pounder stuffed with 4 chickens.

porky_2012_1.jpg

Dads old pit......won't make any TV show, but it will cook the hell out of a whole hog. :D

Setting up again for the end of July.

Mike B)

Don't think I ever heard of stuffing a pig with chicken, but yeah, that's low and slow so BBQ time! (y)

Is it manual rotisserie or did you have some sort of motor turning it?

Its an old electric motor with reducer pulleys, belts and a gearbox to slow it down to about
six turns a minute. My dad and his neighbor put it together when I was a kid. A real Rube Goldberg
looking thing but she gets it done. We've cooked chickens, turkeys, 2 lambs and 83 pigs on that spit.
(yes, I have been keeping score) Not too shabby for a 43 year old machine. Six hours on the fire, and the chicken falls off the bone. Good eats! :yipee

One of my secret luxuries in life Pork skin, or what we call in the UK, Crackling !!! :)

Just off to wipe the drool from my keyboard

So all round gunfighters house for BBQ then (y)

Back