• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Heinkel HE 111 H20

Thanks for looking in guys . Finally getting around to working on this one again .

Actually more like reorientation to all the bits.

Nothing serious, but the main flight component are glued and polished . The engines nacelles will need a good bit more attention .

HE_111_parts_001a.jpg

Thanks for looking . Cheers, Christian B)

I have set off to build the engine nacelles . Surprised at how much work was required to make them resemble the real thing :blink

HE_111_cowls_001a.jpg

Cleaned up the the oil cooler intake and exhaust to the oil coolers . Only the right one ( picture ) is done so far .

HE_111_cowls_004a.jpg

Screen was added to simulate the cooler core.

HE_111_cowls_005a.jpg

The cooler door was also added.

I filed the air intake round and primed the inside . Surprised to find the red primmer on anaircraft.:hmmm

HE_111_engine2_001a.jpg

The yellow wire will be a pipe that goes to the rear of the exhaust pipes . A brass pipe was also added to this side .

HE_111_engine2_002a.jpg

You will notice that the top panel does not fit to the nacelle as one would expect from a Hasegawa kit :idonno

Does anyone make this big of a mess on such a small project or this peculiar to me ?

HE_111_cowls_002a.jpg

I still have another engine to do, so there's no point in cleaning up yet :blush:

Cheers, Christian B)

Engine looks good! Nice added details.

As for the mess... What mess? My workbench is twice this "messy" when I'm working on my small projects!

Looking forward to seeing more.

Engine looks good! Nice added details.

As for the mess... What mess? My workbench is twice this "messy" when I'm working on my small projects!

Looking forward to seeing more.

Shouldn't be a problem, I usually have a mess . :rotf

Actually it was twice as bad before I got it mounted to the wing

Cheers, Christian B)

I don't see mess, I simply see your usual attention to detail.

Ian.

Thanks for the kind words . I thought I saw too much detail on my table for such a small job .

Actually it got twice as bad as that.

Cheers, Christian B)

The "yellow pipe" carried air heated by the engine exhaust to the fuselage crew stations, cockpit, radio compartment & gun positions.

Cheers,
Rich

Very nice! I had never noticed it before when building the He-111. Note to self: pay more attention!

Excellent job, as usual. Looking forward to the next chapters! :drinks

Cheers

Alex

The "yellow pipe" carried air heated by the engine exhaust to the fuselage crew stations, cockpit, radio compartment & gun positions.

Cheers,
Rich

I really was too busy trying to build to think about this pipe . :fencing

Very good answer . Quite logical . I remember reading about these things while still in school but the jet age pretty well changed things ... Now days you need coolers and intercoolers to change the hot air coming from the compressor section :frantic

Cheers, Christian B)

Back