• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Heinkel HE 111 H20

phantom II

Master at Arms
Hasegawa HE 111 H-6 as a way to build a HE 111 H-20

HE_111.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Didn't the H-20 have an actual turret on top?

The early one did not but I am planning to graft one in to represent an H-20 or for that matter the H-22.

That's why it says " Hasegawa HE 111 H-6 as a way to build an HE 111 H-20 "

No one has yet made a descent H-20 in 1/72

Cheers, Christian B)

Nice Christian!

:popcorn

I'm hoping Warren . I hope not to miss any of the detail as to me they pretty much look alike from the pictures.

Even the P & H versions look the same ( to me ) even though they had different engines .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Randy . The Spade seems to be a much unappreciated German bomber ( by modelers ) .

I have to admit they looked a bit lackluster but it was the the most flexible airplane the Luftwaffe had .

It was used in all roles except for night fighter.

It bombed day or night, torpedoed , mined , transported cargo, paratrooper , special agents, towed gliders and attacked shipping . Mostly by installing different kits on the airframe .

Really can't think of anything else this flexible .

Cheers, Christian B)

You're right about the He111 being 'under-represented' on the show & comp tables, Christian. Looking forward to seeing what you've got planned for this one.

Ian.

Here we go...

HE_111_surgery_001a.jpg

The tailcone guns were deleted after the H-16 so these are not needed. The stubs fro the ladder antenna will be in the way, so remove them now as well.

Two kits will be used. Hasegawa (gray ) for the builder and the old Italeri H-22 for a parts donor :blush:

HE_111_surgery_003a.jpg

As you can see their profile is somewhat different.

HE_111_surgery_002a.jpg

My thoughts were, the easiest way to install a turret on this kit would be to rob it.

HE_111_surgery_006a.jpg

Now to remove the useless section from the good kit .

HE_111_surgery_004a.jpg
:S

And graft in the donor part .

HE_111_surgery_007a.jpg

The rails are no longer needed with the turret. so let's sand it all smooth

HE_111_surgery_009a.jpg

Now, I'll do the other side.

Cheers, christian B)

Heinkel HE 11

How the build would be easier if Airfix sold their sprues separately! Here is the sprue from their upcoming He-111 H:
ImageL1.jpg

and a CAD showing the new (shaded) parts on their He-11 P:
ImageK1.jpg

Yet, this way should be more satisfying.

Regards,

Back