• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Heinkel HE 111 H20

Nice going, Chris. I am glad that it is you building this in 72 and not I. I really like the work you do.

Thanks James , Luiz and Ed . Always some sort of thriller mystery to me but I usually succeed .

Cheers, Christian B)

Very nice! I had never noticed it before when building the He-111. Note to self: pay more attention!

Excellent job, as usual. Looking forward to the next chapters! :drinks

Cheers

Alex

Thanks Alex ! Coming from someone that does micro surgery , makes me feel good :D

No much to the next chapter . Number two engine assembled better than # 1 .

However, I wiped out the small air scoop fore ot the access panel. Now, I'm trying to figure out how to build a fact simile .

Don't feel bad about the heater lines . I don't remember any builds on line adding one. The majority of builds even ignore that there are position lights on the wing tips :rotf

Anybody got a good picture of one ? I can't tell wether they are clear or colored . :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

Nice going, Chris. I am glad that it is you building this in 72 and not I. I really like the work you do.

Thanks Paul . Probably not as hard as I make it look .

It's actually a pretty good kit ( so far ). Probably would be a snap in a larger scale .

Cheers, Christian B)

Not much explaining needed today . Just a repeat of the other day on # 2 engine.

Still needing to clean up any stray glue marks and I need to come up with a plan for exhaust pipes since there are no correct exhaust pipes in the kit or in after market :S

HE_111_engine__2__001a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Ed and Moon :good:

Made a prototype of the late model exhaust ....What do you think ? The front tubes are not installed yet.

HE_111_exhaust_pic_001a.jpg

HE_111_exhaust_001a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Paul, Ed, James and Gator for tagging along today.

I have spent most of today making four of these. Finally happy with them .

HE_111_exhaust_mods_001a.jpg

Note the center pipe has clamps made from solder. The other two are made from hot air duct tape .

The solder ones are more obvious but not very much in scale, so I corrected that one as well and primed them a few minutes ago.

I cracked a lot of aluminum tubes just to get the four of these . I think I might have figured how to do it correctly now :coolio

Cheers, Christian B)

Looking good Christian. (y)

Something to keep in mind is that aluminum can be rather hard too and also can be annealed. You just don't have to apply as much heat. A big candle flame will probably do. Where brass anneals when it is heated to a dull orange, aluminum will melt. You would have to experiment a little, but once you have it, things bend easier when annealed.

Looking good Christian. (y)

Something to keep in mind is that aluminum can be rather hard too and also can be annealed. You just don't have to apply as much heat. A big candle flame will probably do. Where brass anneals when it is heated to a dull orange, aluminum will melt. You would have to experiment a little, but once you have it, things bend easier when annealed.

Now you tell me Paul :rotf I tried it early on , just for GP . Apparently too much heat as it just melted in a second .

On the other hand, if you insert something that has a rounded end inside rather than a 90 degree end, it does much better.

Will have to try the candle in the future. :good: Thanks

Cheers, Christian B)

I like the tape version better. :popcorn

I agree Bob. I did use solder on the Skua but I was better able to flatten it as the exhaust was fastened to the cowl.

These were loose, so hard to wrestle.

On the other hand , the glue on the tape is not exactly a guarantee of success as sometimes it stays on the carrier :blink

Cheers, Christian B)

Back