• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Heinkel HE 111 H20

hc97c5ba.png

Thanks Luiz, Dave , Ed , Bob, Piet.

This is the best and most useful plastic file I have found to date. Made by Tamiya.

Cheers, Christian B)

OK, sorry, going for my second cup of coffee now :gogo

It's fine Garry . Just got my second one now so I might have been a little cranky :rotf

It is a worthwhile tool though . (y)

Truth is most of the cutting was done with a dremel tool that looks like a small gear ( not pictured ) .
Wish they would make a bigger one though as this one is too small to do the job properly .

The file will be for the final smoothing of the back.

Cheers, Christian B)

It looks kinda aggressive ... but then that deprnds on the size of AC in the back ground ... I'm looking for More Tools ... As like Tim says "argue argue You can never have too many tools" ... :woohoo:

It looks kinda aggressive ... but then that deprnds on the size of AC in the back ground ... I'm looking for More Tools ... As like Tim says "argue argue You can never have too many tools" ... :woohoo:

True, never too many tools till your wife gets upset anyway :unsure:

If you want to file a flat piece, this is the tool . Made for Tamiya because Tamiya likes plastic things . Let that sink in for a bit...

Not at all like a wood file or a metal file.

Cheers, christian B)

" Didn't the H-20 have an actual turret on top?

The early one did not but I am planning to graft one in to represent an H-20 or for that matter the H-22.

That's why it says " Hasegawa HE 111 H-6 as a way to build an HE 111 H-20 "

No one has yet made a descent H-20 in 1/72 "

Another small update.

I just checked the turret fairing that was grafted to the fuselage . Had to add a bit of sprue in the center but it looks ready to move forward.

HE_111_turret_mount_001a.jpg

The forward hole will be for Peil VG antenna.

The replacement floor and bulkhead fits now.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thank you everyone.I managed to find a bit of time to tinker with this over the weekend

After cutting off the pour plug from the resin bulkhead, I realised that there was no hole to help me get the bomb bay floor mounted.

HE_111_bomb_bay_003a.jpg

After some careful measurements I glued a piece of sprue to the back of the bulk head and fastened the floor to that spot.
It looks a bit crooked in the picture but it's an optical illusion :blink

HE_111_bomb_bay_004a.jpg

The aft bulkhead was installed and some priming followed.

HE_111_bomb_bay_008a.jpg

Some appropriate paints and a a bit of of shadowing .
The bomb cells will not be installed since they were removed when flying with some heavy exterior munitions.
HE_111_bomb_bay_007a.jpg

HE_111_bomb_bay_009a.jpg

Ready to start detailing the cockpit now.

Cheers, Christian B)

Man that is looking great!

Optical illusion: definition: Close one eye and hope it's right. :rotf

With all the work you're putting in to the interior, Christian, you're planning on opening-up every hatch & door to show it ??

Ian.

With all the work you're putting in to the interior, Christian, you're planning on opening-up every hatch & door to show it ??

Ian.

Thankfully no ! But you do realize there is a lot of glass in a 111 .

Everything except the cockpit is the kit . The rest only took a few minutes to do.

Notice I did not even bother with the ejector marks. I doubt they will be visible through the windows.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back