• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Heinkel HE 111 H20

Heinkel HE 11

A bomb and torpedo, by god they'll get'em coming or going won't they?

Bob, I don't think they would carry a mix bag of bombs and torpedos since the sights used would be different but they reportedly were able to carry to torpedoes at one time or a couple of the larger bombs at one time.

Cheers, Christian B)

Heinkel HE 11

How the build would be easier if Airfix sold their sprues separately! Here is the sprue from their upcoming He-111 H:
ImageL1.jpg

and a CAD showing the new (shaded) parts on their He-11 P:
ImageK1.jpg

Yet, this way should be more satisfying.

Regards,

I agree , they could take some customer service lessons from Eduard when it comes to that.

Also, my complaint about them at this point is the long awaited Whitworth

Whitley.jpg

which was distributed in England and sol out overnight . Never mind that I preordered mine over a year ago .

Looks like the customers will come last :huh:

Cheers, Christian B)

Heinkel HE 11

A majority of the H 111 subtypes had different gondolas fitted according to the mission they were flying at the time.

This is the one for the H-20.

HE_111_gondola_002a.jpg

The purportedly Italeri H-20 is not the correct one either as they show a bunch of windows that were no longer on that model.

Luckily, the Hasegawa supplied one will only need sanding and masking in the proper places to simulate metal where it should be .

HE_111_gondola_001a.jpg

That just took a lot of work out of this project :good: I thought this kit had an early gondola shape in it.

Cheers, Christian B)

Heinkel HE 11

I agree , they could take some customer service lessons from Eduard when it comes to that.

Yet, the parts wouldn't help you for the turret.

As for Airfix, thanks to SA Dave, I am now slobbering and awaiting the arrival of the Boulton Paul Defiant and P-40B/C in 48th scale.

Regards,

Heinkel HE 11

Yet, the parts wouldn't help you for the turret.

As for Airfix, thanks to SA Dave, I am now slobbering and awaiting the arrival of the Boulton Paul Defiant and P-40B/C in 48th scale.

Regards,

If you are referring to the P-40 in 1/72 scale , I recently won one and It looks much nicer then what was previously available .

Cheers, Christian B)

Heinkel HE 11

If you are referring to the P-40 in 1/72 scale , I recently won one and It looks much nicer then what was previously available

Nope, Airfix is releasing 1/48th scale kits based on the R&D of their 1/72nd scale kits. So the Defiant and Kittyhawk are all new and with the details they couldn't include in the smaller scale.

Regards,

Heinkel HE 11

If you are referring to the P-40 in 1/72 scale , I recently won one and It looks much nicer then what was previously available

Nope, Airfix is releasing 1/48th scale kits based on the R&D of their 1/72nd scale kits. So the Defiant and Kittyhawk are all new and with the details they couldn't include in the smaller scale.

Regards,

Well great, those should be nice kits :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Great choice, this is a beautiful kit. I have two in my display case(H/6 and H16).
I will follow this with :popcorn (y)

All the best!
Dusan.

Great choice, this is a beautiful kit. I have two in my display case(H/6 and H16).
I will follow this with :popcorn (y)

All the best!
Dusan.

Thanks Dusan . It appears to be really well made as it sits . This one was bought years ago before Hasegawa prices went through the ceiling .

I would be curious to compare it to the new Airfix version that is being so talked about .

Cheers, Christian B)

Really motoring along, Christian. I'll be joining you very soon - in a manner of speaking !!

Ian.

Started looking at some interior parts today. Including breaking into the box containing this resin interior.

Since this has a large canopy, I hope this is worth the extra work.

HE_111_interior_001a.jpg

Lot's of grinding just to get this out of the pour block .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back