• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Heinkel HE 111 H20

I have been tinkering with some small details .

First was adding a light bezel .

HE_111_improvements_005a.jpg

The tail assembly needed a little refining.

HE_111_improvements_001a.jpg

So, I made the trim mechanism from brass and the torque tube for the elevators.

HE_111_improvements_004a.jpg

I discovered I had some PE for the radiators.

HE_111_improvements_003a.jpg

So, it went from the above to this .

HE_111_improvements_002a.jpg

Needs a bit of paint, then I'm moving to the wings :soldier

Cheers, Christian B)

nice detailing!
:popcorn

A bit of silver paint and a splash of Vallejo wash . I like this a lot better .
Actually looks even better after the second splash .

HE_111_radiator_001a.jpg

Thanks Mike, S Mike and Ian .... Yeah, that extra mile :soldier

Without it, it would only be a shake and bake I'm afraid B) .

Cheers, Christian B)

This is a great work ... but all of yours are ... :popcorn ... looking very good ... excellent extras as always ... (y)

Thanks guys . :) Always good to get your attention .

Glad I found these bits. Details are often vague in in 1/72 . Even in the better kits .

Cheers, Christian

That's looking great Chris. I started the Italeri one the other week for what reason I have no idea. :smack I wish I had the Hasegawa. Looks good.

That's looking great Chris. I started the Italeri one the other week for what reason I have no idea. :smack I wish I had the Hasegawa. Looks good.

I have to admit, it's a better kit ( it's a lot newer mold ).

Since I started researching and building , it can definitely use upgrades ( as you can see ) but it's a better place to start from . Luckily, I had gathered some stuff over the years.

Cheers, Christian B)

I built quite a few of those Itelari and they are not so bad, best aircrew ever so if you don't want them.......I agree though the Hasegawa ones are a much better place to start, have a couple on the go :blush: . Wouldn't mind sinking my chops into the new Airfix ones though.

Beautiful work Christian :good:

:drinks

The last of the boring tid bits .

HE_111_More_details_007a.jpg

No idea why but the manufacturers have been trying to show us these raised rails :smack

HE_111_More_details_006a.jpg

While in fact they were under the skin :idonno

HE_111_More_details_010a.jpg

Anyhow, I think I have exhausted the outside stuff . Time to get back inside .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back