• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL" GB PLAYER COUNT 11+

Looks like Self Propelled Artillery.

BvmnbWkKGrHqZhgEv10GC6BMEeKHJEZw_12.jpg

B)

M4 and Long Tom
Quad tractor plus 25 pounder
M2 pulling a 105 Howie

I believe Tony is right if based on US military.

Anyway, thanks to Tony's help, you can put up a poll so I can vote for the HST with Long Tom.
:mpup

Regards,

The problem is I have more than likely approved some folks to do some of those types of guns. There were several Germans AT guns that were towed and self propelled and in WW 2 anti-aircraft guns were organized into batteries just like regular artillery even in the U.S. Army. I just don't want to start splitting hairs this close to the start time.

B)

P.S. I like the HST and the LTom too. I just don't know if I want to take something that big on right now.

The arty guy said that Artillery is a generic term like motor vehicle is a generic term.
In real life there is a difference though.

Since your using a generic term for the group build as long as it's not shoulder fired,a rocket or a designated AAA gun anything goes.

So now which one of your kits are you leaning toward? I still think one of the three being something different would be killers.:D

Tony lee:)

Re: Question: Artillery??????
HeavyArty replied on 03-24-2011 4:49 PM Reply More

It depends on where you are from and your perspective. To a true artilleryman, Redlegs who fire indirect guns and howitzers and are members of the Field Artillery, an anti-tank gun and an anti aircraft gun are not artillery.

As Gun Tech said,

" the definition applies to an "indirect fire" weapon system, which roughly means that it is not firing at a visible target. However, some may have the capabality to do so if required."

In modern terms, a Patriot ADA Missile is not considered artillery. It is a SAM, surface-to-air missile.

It mainy deals with the way the weapon is sighted on the target. If you are looking at the target through the sights, it is a direct-fire gun. If you are laying on an unseen target by set coordinates, it is usually artillery.
Gino P. Quintiliani Field Artillery --- The KING of BATTLE!!! "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." --

Good old Gino! I knew he'd answer that. I am surprised Redleg at the LEM wasn't one of the responses.

Terry, you still have some great choices!

Regards,

Saul that's the way I always thought how it was defined. In Nam the atry guys were always back in the rear with us air force types, if you can call it the rear.:unsure:

It's no big deal to me,my eyes are not good enough to split no hairs anyway.:D

Thank you guys for all your comments. :D

Still trying to pick a project. :unsure:

Terry B)

Man this has been a slow week:idonno
At least it's Hump Day.:D

Terry have you made up your mind yet????:hmmm

Back