• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Uncle Tony's SPGs Campaign

Hey Tony, I have a Dragon Tiger tank, would that qualify?

It's started with just the 3 tone camo and that's it. Been sitting for a few years.

Depends on what is available ... I can't find anything other than some drag behind ... this barrel is a 88 ... I think I found picture of a 12.5 which would be bigger ... :good:

I know this is a fact Tony ... I won't pretend to know a lot about German SPG's but I was just thinking ... some after market would be nice so ... this wouldn't be a OOB build ... there should be something ... I'll check My supplier's :yipee to see what is out there ... I was just trying to go the easy way

Depends on what is available ... I can't find anything other than some drag behind ... this barrel is a 88 ... I think I found picture of a 12.5 which would be bigger ... :good:
You might try and get an Aluminium Barrel for her
... It's in the Kit that's what I'm saying ... it's all there .... need add on's

h8b86eb0.jpg

I did find this ... :woohoo:

Evening all. Well it's been a LONG time since I've been here. Lots got in the way. Life, death, work, kids and a move to the country.....
Anyway, have been building for a while now but can't seem to cross the finish line (9 at last count) so thought a campaign might get my but into gear.
I've got several SPG's but will do this one if it's OK.
Cheers Pete

h1466b61.jpg

Welcome back Peter, sorry for all the troubles in your life, but that's what makes life, looking forward to this build :popcorn

I have a 1/48 Marder III I started a few week ago. Would it be cool if I added it to the campaign?

I see that there are a few already.

I am thinking of doing it in the Afrika scheme.

Here is a bad picture of where it stands now.

These are very quick builds

Thanks,
Dennis

Oct.1 2015

From reading my "ARMOR UNITE" thread it was suggested that a "Uncle Tony's SPG Campaign" be started. I'm not sure if this is for fun or it's official to run from Nov.1st 2015 to Nov.1st 2016.
I laid down my rules of engagement as follows:

SPG= "Self Propelled Gun"
Meaning Self Propelled Anti Tank or Self Propelled Howitzer open or closed top fighting compartment.
Note: NO Rockets,miniguns,laser disintegrators,sling shots etc.etc.

You MAY build any time period, any nation, tracked or wheeled, half tracks included.
Your entry can be a production model or a prototype but NO "What Ifs or Drawing board pie in the sky brain farts.

OOB or all the AM you can carry will be fine.
If you're a 1/72nd or smaller builder PLEASE DON'T build one of those four or five part quickies.

Now those ground rules should be easy enough to follow.

Sherman 18 posted a lot of reference photos for clarification:
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/the-real-thing/151102-uncle-tony-s-sp-campaign-reference

Since there's several major holidays right after the start date I figured why wait as in "We're Burning Daylight" (Duke Wayne) so as of today for those of you that are able or just want to get a head start
"Have At It".

Have you got a started or unfinished SPG? NO problem throw it in as well. I'm not talking about one that needs the "T"s crossed or the "i" dotted just to be complete but those that are partially built or not painted yet.

Lets get to it, start a thread and go for it.

Lets Have Some Fun
Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

I think that falls in Uncle Tony's campaign rules Dennis

Back