• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL" GB PLAYER COUNT 11+

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Ok it's time to stir the pot again. I would like to suggest a group build for self propelled artillery and towed artillery. Rules are simple any gun that can move it's self or has to be pulled by something else. Towed guns must be displayed with it's prime mover. Any time period, but no fantasy stuff(no hover cannons). Let me know what you think.

Terry :hmmm

plz05-sp-gun-2s_1_20101209_1699314811.jpg

Re: "HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL" GROUP BUILD

We could get a bang out of such a GB. I can switch my 1/35 scale Italeri M-109 from the Charlie Don't Surf GB (I haven't started that kit yet) to this GB.

Cheers from Peter

This build would not happen until next year or so. Plenty of time to find a new gun. Keep that 109 CDS build and by the way get to work :laugh:

Terry B)

This build would not happen until next year or so. Plenty of time to find a new gun. Keep that 109 CDS build and by the way get to work :laugh:

Terry B)

Hey there.

I already have two of those Italeri M-109 SPG gun kits plus the turret interiors by KMC. I'm doing one of them as an Israeli Defense Forces M-109. I have lots of ammo (AFV Club) for both models but I'd like to locate some IDF lettering for the 155mm ammo.

I also have two of the Italeri M-110 SPG kits - one is the M-110 A2 with the long barrel and muzzle brake.

How's about a C-130 Spectre with the 105mm gun. Does that count as SPG? VBG

Of course the ideal kit for this GB would be the Paladin SPG!

Cheers from Peter

Good thing I just got the K-18 and sdkfz7. Now in displayed with its prime mover do you mean in trail or in vicinity?
James

Good thing I just got the K-18 and sdkfz7. Now in displayed with its prime mover do you mean in trail or in vicinity?
James

Yeah, and does the mover have to be built or could we use something already built? I got this Resin 37mm AT gun that I had intended to display with my Lion Roar M2A1.

If not, I'll do something else, something with the German Halftrack..maybe a 88mm?

interesting subject! lets keep that one in mind!

If not, I'll do something else, something with the German Halftrack..maybe a 88mm?

that would be a nice combo! and huge!

james, bob - the title says it already ... gun being towed, gun in travel! so the gun would have to be shown on transport, hanging on the hook of the prime mover! and bob, you know better - kits that are focused in a gb theme have to be unbuilt! in this case both, prime mover and gun!

and bob, you know better - kits that are focused in a gb theme have to be unbuilt! in this case both, prime mover and gun!

Hmmm. I know better, I think you just want to see the sdkfz7 and a 88 done. :D OK That's what I'll do if we get enough players.

ooooh, I have a self propelled gun I might be able to do for this one.

Mounted on a GERMAN half track too.

:D

Ok looks like we might have something going here. So here's the possible player count so far.

MrT
Tankbuilder
jknaus
Gene
MoonPuppy
Ken Abrams
tanktrax

6 all we need is 4 more and we are in business. Ok folks get your guns out.

Terry B)

Re: "HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL" GB PLAYER COUNT 6

Count me in...

Great that leaves 3

Terry

If a towed gun could be in the same scene as its mover but was detached from the mover it might bring others into the build. A scene could be a crew wrestling the gun into position after detaching it from the mover. In my opinion there are many possible scenes with a gun that is separated from its mover. The Tamiya 25 pounder gun, limber and tractor could be posed in the same diorama but the three items separate from each other.

Cheers from Peter

This is Terry's puppy so he's got the finial call but I think if the gun is in transit in some fashion it'll work. If it's setup for firing and it's mover in in the back ground, well it ain't travelin'.

But Terry has the final word.

Count me in...

Great that leaves 3

Terry

If a towed gun could be in the same scene as its mover but was detached from the mover it might bring others into the build. A scene could be a crew wrestling the gun into position after detaching it from the mover. In my opinion there are many possible scenes with a gun that is separated from its mover. The Tamiya 25 pounder gun, limber and tractor could be posed in the same diorama but the three items separate from each other.

Cheers from Peter

Peter what I had in mind was to show the guns on the move.

Terry B)

Re: "HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL" GB PLAYER COUNT 7

I can do it. Have some stuff in the stash that needs to be built.

Back