• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MAIN BATTLE TANK CAMPAIGN "VOTE HERE"

OK, point taken, but if I'm going to try to do that 1:72 Ju88 cockpit, then you gotta promise to try to do the MERDC camo on the M60 (lead from the front, remember, General)...

...deal ??

Ian.

Hmmmmm....feels like a trap to me.

:laugh:

It could be argued that both the M103 and Conqueror were Tank Destroyers as their intended role was to provide long range anti-tank support for the lighter armed MBT's of the day.

To throw another spanner in the works, the Swedish Stridsvagn 103, Assault Gun, SP or MBT?

1920px-Stridsvagn_103_Revinge_2013-1.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

Ok command decision no Swedish wedge tanks, T-10's, M-103's, or conquerors'. Discussion over before I have to delete us all.

:rotf

OK, point taken, but if I'm going to try to do that 1:72 Ju88 cockpit, then you gotta promise to try to do the MERDC camo on the M60 (lead from the front, remember, General)...

...deal ??

Ian.

Hmmmmm....feels like a trap to me.

:laugh:

Nah...it's not trap, said the spider to the fly........

Hey FYI the MERDC is what I meant when I referred to NATO camo - I would really like to see it done....mostly to see HOW it is done. After the Merkava (or maybe before, who knows!) I am going to do either an Abrams or a Korean K1A1 in this. Heck, if you want I Could do the baby Abrams/K1A1 to compliment your M60A3................

I'm still thinking about this. :hmmm I went over board this year on campaigns and have yet to finish all but one.

Turkish M60A3 is floating to the top or Australian M1A1 or Greek M48 Wolf or Korean M48A3K or Lebanese M60A3 or Iran M60A1 ................. :bang head

I don't know if I can join this or not. I've built just about every possible MBT out there. Especially all the most modern ones there are as seen in the front row on this pic:

normal_105.jpg

From left: US M1 Abrams, British Challenger I, British Challenger II, Italian C-1 Ariete, German Leopard 2A6 Russian T-90, Israeli Merkava III and the Japanese Type 10.

I need to take a new pic including the French LeClerc.

In addition to all those, I have every M-48 and M-60 Patton built; I have the British Centurion, Chieftain and Challengers built; all the Japanese post-war tanks from the Type 69 to the Type 10; the French AMX-30 and LeClerc; and almost all the Russian MBT's from the T-54 to the T-90. The only ones so far that I don't have are the K-1, Osorio, Arjun, Merkava IV, T-64, some variants of the T-72 and T-90 (as offered by Modelcollect) and the T-14. The K-1, Osorio, Merkava IV, and Arjun are not offered at all in 1/72 scale.

If I can purchase a couple variants of the T-72, T-90, or the T-14 Armata tank from Modelcollect; I'll jump in on this.

EDIT: Oh wait, I have a 1/72 scale Tiger Models M1A1 SEP TUSK already in the stash! Depending on when this starts, I can jump in with this. I want to start it soon, so if this is going to be delayed; I'll wait til I have a Modelcollect Russian MBT instead.

I'm kinda digging these Syrian T-72AV's

Syrian-Army-tanks-deployed-in-the-Jobar-neighbourhood-of-Damascus-1.jpg

585087_original.jpg

I understand they are upgraded T-72M. Now what kit(s) can get me there?

Okay now you've sone it. I need another T-72.
In answer to your question the new 1/35 Russian T-72B/B1 MBT w/Kontakt-1 kit 5599 is the hands down best I have seen.
James

I have just received this kit
h084a910.JPG

It was from a stash of a recently deceased man and I would like to honor him by finishing his kit
He has started on it a bit and such if I am alowed to finish it here I wont be eligible for the competition
he6f0750.JPG

Will it be alright if I do this kit here?

I think that since James has sponsored this build we need to let him make the call. As you know when we have sponsored builds we enforce the rules strictly.

Back