• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Uncle Tony's SPGs Campaign

Tony lee

Master at Arms
Oct.1 2015

From reading my "ARMOR UNITE" thread it was suggested that a "Uncle Tony's SPG Campaign" be started. I'm not sure if this is for fun or it's official to run from Nov.1st 2015 to Nov.1st 2016.
I laid down my rules of engagement as follows:

SPG= "Self Propelled Gun"
Meaning Self Propelled Anti Tank or Self Propelled Howitzer open or closed top fighting compartment.
Note: NO Rockets,miniguns,laser disintegrators,sling shots etc.etc.

You MAY build any time period, any nation, tracked or wheeled, half tracks included.
Your entry can be a production model or a prototype but NO "What Ifs or Drawing board pie in the sky brain farts.

OOB or all the AM you can carry will be fine.
If you're a 1/72nd or smaller builder PLEASE DON'T build one of those four or five part quickies.

Now those ground rules should be easy enough to follow.

Sherman 18 posted a lot of reference photos for clarification:
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/the-real-thing/151102-uncle-tony-s-sp-campaign-reference

Since there's several major holidays right after the start date I figured why wait as in "We're Burning Daylight" (Duke Wayne) so as of today for those of you that are able or just want to get a head start
"Have At It".

Have you got a started or unfinished SPG? NO problem throw it in as well. I'm not talking about one that needs the "T"s crossed or the "i" dotted just to be complete but those that are partially built or not painted yet.

Lets get to it, start a thread and go for it.

Lets Have Some Fun
Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

OK . figured out what I'm gonna do . the Alan ( eastern European kit) heard 38t flakpanzer with the Eduard pe set. I don't normally build targets ..... I meant to say German armor. Lol. So off to do some research now.

Tony I got a M7 Priest, pretty sure that's a SPG but wanted to ask if, Mörser Karl would be a SPG? :soldier

I got a Dragon one, I know the kit is over simplified but it's big

The Karl has tracks to move it around don't it? Shoots huge shells to move dirt around right and i've never known it to bring down a plane. :unsure:

Karl never entered the Giant Slalom ski race you know. Tracks are to hard to wax. :rotf

Maybe a simple Yes or No would do huh?

Being the Boss around this joint you can build just what ever you want to Sir. :eek:hyeah

Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

Hmmm, always liked the Tamiya Wespe/Marder III kits, but then, so does Unky Tony....

http://kiwimodeller.com/index.php/forum/40-follow-as-i-build/29780-tamiya-sd-kfz-124-wespe?start=15

;)

Ian.

I'll smoke it over. Seems I remember you doing an M7 a while back Tony. Kinda leaning toward the Karl though, I got the ammo tender also. :soldier

I would lean that way myself Pup,you've got plenty of time to Get-R-Done :good:

Yep I did the Priest and the Sexton.

Tony lee :eek:ldguy

A JagdTiger? You know the big moving pill box with the big gun. Have about 10 links of the tracks done and nothing else. That one a go?

It's this kit:

Aq-022.jpg~original

I don't usually buld German armor. I always thought that balkenkruz on the side is where you aim at. I am willing to trade the cyber hobby stug III for a paladin or something like that maybe a bishop or a priest. If someone is interested let me know

I don't usually buld German armor. I always thought that balkenkruz on the side is where you aim at. I am willing to trade the cyber hobby stug III for a paladin or something like that maybe a bishop or a priest. If someone is interested let me know

That is what the stars on Shermans were. Target points.

As to the Cyber Hobby (Dragon) Stug III, they are actually fairly nice little kits. You should give it a try.

I prefer to build soviet . I have a t-34 85 that I am going to start posting later today . Just finishing the build part and will go through the paint and weather on here.

How about these one ??? ...
:soldier :soldier :soldier

h6f4f43b.JPG

I could Up grade to a bigger barrel/Gun ... Research needed ... I just like the half tracked platform ...

Back