• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

E-Type jag, Scale = big.

I wish it was stickier Bob it seems to lift very easily. As i have to do the blue first i wonder if you can clear coat the BMF with the Blue or whether it will bead on the foil of just kill the shine .

A few seams that need removing but basically the shell is not to bad. Remember thuis kit is 62 years old !!!

_DSC8887.JPG
_DSC8890.JPG

Pictures are great for showing up bits you missed :) like right at the top of the seam.

Shame the tail doesnt open but its not worth trying to open it up,

"Old Tricks are the Best Tricks." It is good to see an expert's take on the vintage Monogram kit!

10 days since i looked at this so i decided to put some paint on the shell, really because i learned when i did the hood that it takes 2 weeks to go hard, sure it touch dry in 2 hours and pretty much there in 2 days but if you want to flat it and polish it it needs 2 weeks to go glass hard.
_DSC8914_01.JPG
_DSC8920.JPG

the dust has settled on it, its not in the paint

Might look at starting something else while this goes hard...

I am watching this quite closely Paddy. Years ago I was given one of these that is partially built. (Monogram yellow body) Not even sure if it is all there. Have thought about pitching it, giving it away, etc. With what you have been doing I might try and rip it down a bit and build it up right.
3D-Camera.gif
3D-eye lenses.gif
3D-Painter.gif

Back