• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

E-Type jag, Scale = big.

Thanks James, glad you like the thread

For some reason Revell moulded the glass filter bowl in red plastic, odd because the washer bottle and others are in clear ? anyway i scratched my head for a couple of days wondering what i could use and my eyes settled on the nozzle on my super glue bottle :)

So i cut the red plastic bowl off painted the top silver and glued a section of the the nozzle to it. That's when i found out you cant super glue the plastic they use for the nozzles :) They are super glue proof......who knew ?

_DSC8760.JPG

update
Italeri have said they will send another body shell for the Bugatti....first one never arrived...

Last edited:
You are right Steve TBH if i couldn't do the scratch building i probably wouldn't build at all.

This is great stuff

_DSC8766.JPG

It self adhesive cloth meant for model seats but works well as a carpet

_DSC8765.JPG

Its one of those jobs where you have remind yourself to breath as you fit it :) it has an adhesive back that if it touches anything, just will not let go so get it wrong and it stretches before it comes unstuck and is ruined
The hardest bit was making card templates to cut the material to shape. I will bring the carpet up the sills however i need to work out where the door sits first to see if i have room for the thickness etc.

I solved it bob

the E-type had a radio operator position in the back. He also served as a rear gunner in car chases.

Here's a mystery then
these are the decals...

_DSC8768.JPG

note the clocks have a cut out scissor dotted line ?

This is the dash board

_DSC8770.JPG

There is no back to the clocks and no glass, just a pair of holes.... so do you cut the decals out, dont use water just stick them in place with glue on the enlarged cutting area ?

These are water slide, the instructions show a bottler of decal softener next to the clock faces.

I am completely stumped. ??

note 1-7-8 are decal numbers not part numbers
_DSC8772.JPG

There is no back to the clocks and no glass, just a pair of holes.... so do you cut the decals out, dont use water just stick them in place with glue on the enlarged cutting area ?
Yes, they expect you to simply cut it out and paste it directly. Obviously, someone else would use the cut out shape to cut out a white styrene backing, apply the decals to said white styrene backing, and cover with a matching clear sheet shape, before attaching.

I ran into this backward decal application craziness with the clear instrument panel option on the Ho-229 that I was building. Only difference was the decals didn't look good at all. Someone did a FUBAR.

facepalm baby.gif

TBH the whole thing has been fun so far Bob, i keep expecting to run into trouble but for a 62 year old kit its very very good.

I think the body work may have issues, there are some mould lines that need to be sanded and i am told that the glass doesn't fit in the frames :)

Engine now attached to the fire wall with no major drama's :) still; not done the brake pipes as i can only get copper pipe in 1mm and i cant solder alloy tube however i have some 0.8mm brass which i suppose i could paint...

_DSC8789.JPG

_DSC8788.JPG

Starting to look forward to some weathering as its looking too much like a toy car at the moment :cool:

Last edited:
Back