• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

D-Day P-47

Hmm, he gets a set of Sherman tracks and what does he work on??? :laugh:

Looks great, buddy! I couldn't help myself while I was reading your last post, hearing you saying "I'll show them sumbitches" :rotf Excellent stuff! (y) :drinks

I have decided! It will be a matt BMF with polished sections on the wings. Now...how to mask without lifting the BMF? Parafilm ?

I remember using Parafilm once. Stretched it to use. Placed it where I wanted. Forgot to remove it and the paint cured. Screwed up the finish. Operator error for sure but something to look out for...

Regards,

Duly noted Saul, thanks. :good:

I'm usually not patient enough to let paint cure when masking so this won't be a problem. :pilot

And suddenly, I lost a lot of realestate on my work bench!

P47028.jpg

And I chickened out on the BMF. Started, did the wing tip and a couple of panels in and realized I was going to need a LOT more sheets. Then I looked at all those AlcladII bottles I got, nope, going with what I know. I'll have it primed in the next day or three.

:mpup

I might not know much about aircraft builds,but I really like what I see here when going through the pages of this build MP! (y)

Jeez,that's a BIG bird. :blink

Greetings,Ron

Thinking about the load out. The racks don't really fit well on the big gas tanks, might go with the 250lb bombs but Trumpeter made them look weird with some sort of strap around them.

You know Bob I have been looking at this now for the past few days. Every time I look I go and price out a kit. Then I look for markings. Your killing me buddy :laugh:
James

Back