• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

D-Day P-47

Thanks guys, I'll probably fix the rough spots and just do OD. I got in my mind how to do some painting without masking so we'll see.

I just dug my kit out. Will have to see why I didnt finish and maybe get it done. I have Zotz markings for mine and they are OD. I'm not remembering the sheet, but here are the 2 he has listed.
http://www.zotz-decals.com/decals/zotz-32040.shtml
http://www.zotz-decals.com/decals/zotz-32039.shtml

James

There's a good reason for that, they are BIG!

I got a pair of B25s and a B26 in the stash. Who knows, maybe one day.

As Tom suggested, Tamiya T/S sprays, tough as nails, never lifts, if you didn't want to use it from the can decant it and use through your AB.

I use A/S 12 silver for all my aircraft builds for my basecoat, using acrylics or enamels never had any paint lift, I'm sure the black sprays would work well with Alclad.

Heard from the shelf of doom today....

the whirl of the dremal and the rattle of a can...

more later. :fencing

If you do use the Tamiya rattles MP just make sure you let it fully cure, give it a good 48hours, trust me!

a good indication is the smell, if you can still smell the paint odor leave it some more.

If it feels a little rough when cured, just give it a gentle rub over with a paper towel, works wonders for getting rid of any over spray that may occur.

HTH

Just using the primer right now Phil.

What happened I chucked up a sanding bob to work on the leading edges of the Fokker, it worked so well I pulled the Jug down and cleaned up the trouble spots then used the Tamiya rattle can Primer.

Haven't had chance to check it today but initial test last night showed no pulling with tape. I have pretty much obliterated detail on the starboard wing but will try to get the rivet detail back in there. We'll see how it goes.

o-rly-baby-6985.gif

:drinks

:popcorn

Bob I will re-start work on my "N" version for our campaign very soon I hope my technique will work :blink :laugh:

All the best!
Dusan.

Bob I normaly use Tamiya gloss black for Alclad base, maby this time I will try Vallejo black primer ( semi-gloss). :hmmm

All the best!
Dusan.

Dusan you going for a High Shine finish or just the basic?

Ok so after a short intermission we're back on track.

I do wonder if I have a bad batch of Mr. Surfacer, or does it have a shelf life?

I feathered out the spots where the masking pulled away the primer so it won't be so evident that something went wrong. Had to sand the rivet divots on the port wing to match the starboard where I was trying to figure out how to the the rest of the Mr. Surfacer off.

Tamiya rattle can Primer got it covered and sealed up. Then AlcladII (I know, I know...) Gloss Black basecoat. Next up, some testing with the parts to see if my theory holds water.

P47029.jpg

You know, we all think we know the basics of how to do things. When talking to Mike on the phone today, he told me about how to change your spray pattern to get good coverage. I have never read that in my reading on building and painting. Makes perfect sense and I see the results here!

Thanks again Mike! :drinks

:pilot

Back