• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

D-Day P-47

Theres a picture of one crash landed on one of the invasion beaches

966452_516111531770450_322164488_o.jpg

B) :coolio B)
Oh Man is that a cool photo or what!
Great, thanks Andy....i may have to do me a smashed razor back on the beach sometime soon :evil: :smack

Ian

I'm cuttin' and paintin'

P47002.jpg

I did not get any cockpit set for this build. Kinda wish I did but i'm making do with what I got. For whatever reason, Trumpeter gives us a totaly clear IP that you're suppose to sandwich a film of IP dials and the back of the IP. I guess you're suppose to paint around all the dial faces but I found that Vallejo was beading up on the clear surface so I primed the entire thing and painted. Putting decals on top of the dial faces and will future over them. Don't look too close at those plycards, you may find they are really for the P51, don't tell anyone.

Still looks the Biz MP. getting a feel for your US cockpit approach before I go near my P-61 Cpit.

Ian.

I'm stupid..really am. installing bolts that will never be seen..

P47003.jpg

P47004.jpg

P47005.jpg

These RB Production seatbelts are really nice but an investment in time to build up. Yes, I am mixing up white belts with green ones. The green one is replacement belt. Just breaking up things a bit.

:pilot

Pit done.

P47006.jpg

P47007.jpg

P47008.jpg

Should have gotten Aeromaster 1:32 IP decals before now, really thought I had some but can't find them. Just took a wild guesstmation of where what went where.

Hope you like it

:popcorn
Great Cockpit Bob - really nice.
Can you give us a bit more info on what you used for instruments and placards and how that went - easy bits , what was a challenge - you know, the good oil!

Ian.

I said Aeroscale earlier, it's Aeromaster decals.
:popcorn
Great Cockpit Bob - really nice.
Can you give us a bit more info on what you used for instruments and placards and how that went - easy bits , what was a challenge - you know, the good oil!

Ian.

Thank you Ian, I used multiple sources of the individual instruments, old decal sheets and just grabbed the ones I thought would fit. Most are from the Tamiya P51 kit, the placards are from (oh shoot, can't remember who now, will look it up and update this post). Hardest part was locating enough stuff to fill this out. I checked out some reference photos of the cockpit to get a good guestimation of what was where. But I really wasn't that worried about it.

The easy part was using decals over the Eduard PE placards that I had picked up years ago. I would suggest the Airscale products. I have 1:48 US and Luft sets but didn't get the 1:32 :bang head

Vallejo paints are used all around, Interior Green and a dry brushing of Zinc Chromate Green. Gunmetal for some scratches and worn spots. Black was used on the IP with a dry brushing of the Dark Rubber color. RB Production seat belts and I stole some gunsight detail from the Eduard stuff for the gunsight. Then wash with Migs Dark Wash.

Thanks for all the kind words guys, weren't nuffin... :blush:

Edit to add Airscale is the company that has the IP stuff.

Don't look too close at those plycards, you may find they are really for the P51, don't tell anyone.

Hey everyone !! Bobs using P51 placards :laugh:

Looking superb Bob 10/10

:rotf :rotf :rotf . It looks really nice Bob. (y)

Trick question though .

1st picture bellow the beach wreck . That looks like a couple of big bungees . Wouldn't the be a cream color ?
Cheers, Christian B)

Back