• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

D-Day P-47

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
OK, it's been sitting by the bench for a couple of months. Haven't even looked at the instructions yet. Trumpeter's P-47 Razorback. I know I got some decals for it, the gun barrels but that's about it.

could have sworn I had a picture of it but i'll get a dated one this afternoon.

:pilot

INVASION!!!

Theres a picture of one crash landed on one of the invasion beaches

966452_516111531770450_322164488_o.jpg

Yours a Razorback or a bubble top??
Pips Priller, you going to do his Fw 190 too?? :evil:

Could I interest you in a gently used Pips Priller model?

MrHaney1.jpg

Make you a heck of a deal on it. :laugh:

And here we go.

P47001.jpg

Not sure i'll use these decals as I don't know if either of these birds were flying in our time frame. When did I get the landing gear???

Brass would be better although the kit gear is good. SAC gear kind of suck in my opinion, but thats just me.
James :popcorn

I know James, already seen how the tail gear is bent and I haven't even taken it out of the package. You seen any other aftermarket gear?

Does the main landing gear really need replacing?

In any case, I only saw propeller hubs and spinners for the Thunderbolt.

Regards,

I'm cuttin' and paintin'

P47002.jpg

I did not get any cockpit set for this build. Kinda wish I did but i'm making do with what I got. For whatever reason, Trumpeter gives us a totaly clear IP that you're suppose to sandwich a film of IP dials and the back of the IP. I guess you're suppose to paint around all the dial faces but I found that Vallejo was beading up on the clear surface so I primed the entire thing and painted. Putting decals on top of the dial faces and will future over them. Don't look too close at those plycards, you may find they are really for the P51, don't tell anyone.

Back