• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

D-Day P-47

Wiating on tracks for the EZ8, turned attention to the Jug.

Always have problem with ingintion harnis so I figure try another angle of attack. wire the plugs first then into the ignition ring...

image.jpg

.4mm brass tube for the spark plugs and .2mm lead wire. More later...

Wow, that pictures SUCKS. Tried it from my iPad, trying to find some use for the thing other than checking work email...oh well.

I'll get better pictures later.

The joke post the other day, about Armor modelers getting the chicks, more like they get the bling. We need brass spark plugs! I mean really, we have brass antenna mounts, antennas, brackets, clamps, ammo (even .50 ammo rounds!) but no spark plugs for our P&W engines (which were mounted in some tanks as well).

I'm not bothering wiring the rear bank or even the rear plugs on the front bank. (these P&W 2800 engines had two sparkplugs per cylinder) The cowl will be closed up tight and you'll only be able to see the front of the forward bank.

Ok Better pictures tonight.

P47015.jpg

Dry fitted up right now.

P47016.jpg

P47017.jpg

Anyone remember what I went through making the firewall for the Wildcat??
P47018.jpg

P47019.jpg

I REALLY picked the wrong kit to build that open panel beast!

Yeah it's ugly, I got some gaps on the cylinder heads but the cowl is going to be panted and closed so you can't see it no how...Hope you like so far...:mpup

Ah, but are they spelled correctly ? :coolio Might be better thean the Tamiya Swordfish :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

I think I may know why the cylinders are spaced so far apart, it could be because there is no engine mount connected directly to the engine so they had to make up the space differences some how. The only kit that they produce that has the spacing just right is the Bearcat. Just a hypothetical idea. The engine looks grand Bob. I really am looking forward to seeing this one built up. :good:

Paul, the firewall looks right to me. that ring with the mounts inside look like it would mate well with the Vector engines as they supply correct mounting parts.

Just put together the majority of the duct work for the intercooler/turbo system, it's a low down shame there's no way to display this stuff. I'm not bothering painting this, no point. Just building.

I think I've said it a couple of times now, this kit has a lot of potential and at this point, I'm considering this my familiarization build. I do want to do another one but do it up right.

Here it's all plumbed up

P47020.jpg

P47021.jpg

I started to fit the other half of the fuselage and kept running into problems. Couldn't figure out what was pokin out when it should be poked in. So I figure let's get all this stuff out of the way that's never going to be seen again anyway.

I've read that you can NOT build this kit without the ductwork as the cockpit tub is positioned on top of the ducts. Well, with all due respect...

P47022.jpg

yeah, you can omit the ductwork.

P47023.jpg

There's location tabs on either side of the fuselage for the cockpit,

P47024.jpg

Red arrows show where you can glue

P47026.jpg

See, all buttoned up.

P47027.jpg

And with the engine in place now.

The question now is, to AlcladII or BMF? :hmmm

Yowza! that looks neat MP!

what paint did you use for the yellow chromate in the engine bay?

(y) (y) Who on Earth is due respect anyhow ? Must be another self appointed somebody :S

Keep at it Bob. It looks good.

Cheers, Christian

Back