• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke Completes Three Aircraft and a Helicopter in December

Duke Maddog

Despite having almost no time this month to do anything, I managed to squeeze in an hour or two occasionally on the bench. Thanks to Hobby Day though; which gave me a lot of time to work on things, I completed the following aircraft:

1/72 scale Hasegawa US Marine AV-8B Harrier:

full

full

full

Yes, the canopy is a fogged out mess! That is the result of using Mr. Mask liquid masking agent. If it didn't remain sticky the whole time it was on the canopy, it dried up so bad I had to scrape it off with a chisel. The sticky part wouldn't even come off without major persuasion; it would just stick back to the canopy when I tried to scrape it off. I used Goo Gone to try and clean it; I coated it in Furture, you see the results of both attempts. I will try to source a new canopy and windscreen for this model. Until then, I'm calling it done. If I waited till every model part was found or damaged ones replaced; I'd never be able to claim completions!

Moving on.....

The next one is a 1/72 scale Revell German Ho-229 Horten Flying Wing "Blue 4":

full

full

full

Followed by a 1/72 scale Trumpeter FC-1/JF-17 Thunder done in Pakistani markings:

full

full

full

Finally we wrap up with another US Marine subject, a 1/72 scale Dream Models US Marine AH-1Z Cobra:

full

full

full

There you have it, the last aircraft built in 2022 . My apologies for the picture quality, I still haven't found my camera. Thank you all for looking in, comments are welcome.

The Zulu is looking great.
Don't feel bad about the canopies.
I screw them up more then I let on.

Thank you Frank! Yeah, I have the same happen too. Canopies and clear parts seem to be my bane.

Merry Christmas my friend!

Back