• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Hope Gone!

Re:To The Bitter End!

if i hadn't finished the turret yesterday i wouldn't have had anything to show today either jenny! :( it was a chore to mount the assembled muzzle brake and take the photos already!

i forced myself with the words "the show must go on!" ...

take your time and when you get the feeling to model again, do it ... until then keep a stiff upper lip!
a050.gif

Awesome. That is absolutely awesome. (y) (y) I so want to dig out one of my many Panthers but I must resist,

James

small info about a detail nobody seems to have noticed: the handle thingies on the hatches are (were!) the wrong ones!

and that strange thingy atop of the turret above the mantled was crooked!

me drongo had not paid enough attention when checking the voyager instructions and accidently read "1x10mm" instead of "0,5x10mm" so i had used the wrong 1mm plastic rod instead of the correct 0,5mm rod ... when correcting this unexcusable blunder the usual accidents happened but everything's corrected by now!

how i hate it to make mistakes like that! so unnecessary, so welcome like a buzzing bee on a picnic, so embarassing!
a036.gif
c066.gif

WOWOOWOWOOOW Laura :woohoo: Very very weeeelll dooone ! But how many PE sets you have assembled !! :woohoo: (y)
My congrats for this superb build..

Cheers :cheer:
Massimo

Re:Interludum!

Kreighshoer wrote:
here's what i did yesterday to have a break from that cleaning rod container that gave me a really hard time - arnie's mom would become jealous:

apfelstrudel1_1_20100927_2030266792.jpg

And again congrats for this build.... ;) I love strudel and this seems very very gooood (y) :drink

Massimo :)

Re: To The Bitter End!

Laura its been almost a month without an update????
I wish my wifes mood swings were that slow at times.:laugh:

Tony Lee:)

LAURA,

WoW !! I bet th Panther is close to Scale Weight with all that Shiny Brass !! Great JOB !! Awesome all the Way around !! :ro: :ro:

That Strudel - Mmmmmm :notworthy Now , My belly's grumbling !

Th Panther's Awesome LAURA !! :ro: :ro:

ERIK

sort of progress ... one gen2 figure is about 1/3 assembled, i made a major correction to the panther and continued with the base but nothing really to show! at the moment!

Laura,
You are doing a fantastic job on this tank. Great SBS to go along with it.
Good luck working on the base.
Cheers
John

well, i was pestered to continue and show pics so i primed the panther on wednesday, preshaded yesterday and applied green today (pics of that follow!), i also made the tracks - basecoated them with black, sanded them, oversprayed with brown, sanded again and misted them with transparent graphite, followed by sanding the guide horns and rubbing in gun metal pigments where the roadwheels touch them - unfortunately the tonal variation cannot be seen in the pics!

prior to priming and preshading i made two minor corrections - the more significant one being the second shutter of the RHS grilles! on the real thing they were facing into opposite directions and i had glued them on both facing the same direction! luckily i was able to cut one away and reglue without accident!

Dupont - Ghostdance

preshadingright_2_20101204_1797990653.jpg

preshadingleft_1_20101204_1725961166.jpg

tracks1_3_20101204_1318064687.jpg

tracks2_4_20101204_1960071653.jpg

g060.gif

Nice as always! Glad to see you are getting some modeling time.

Regards,

Pestered, taunt, prodded or just ask...I'm glad I did!

Looks great Laura, can't wait to see more. I hear that's all you got to do right now, in between shoveling.

Shoveling? Harrumph! Looks great as usual, Laura, can't wait to see more! (y)

Ahh enfin Laura!:woohoo: ,I waited for the painting of the Panther, a good job and after strongly!(y)

thanks dudes!

ok - green was applied yesterday, left over night to completely dry and i just returned from applying the brown!

next will be finishing the roadwheels and mounting them, then it will be detailpainting time!

ASP - Und Wir Tanzten

green1_1_20101205_2050643325.jpg

green2_2_20101205_1819965400.jpg

brown2_4_20101205_1739625989.jpg

brown1_3_20101205_1786826038.jpg

g060.gif

:woohoo: That's some serious PE work, but then again some gals have a thing for gold :lol:

(y) :notworthy on the fantastic build. The painting is coming along nicely as well.

Rob
www.scratchmod.com
info@scratchmod.com

Back