• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Hope Gone!

Re:To The Bitter End!

Lovely work!

Laura, are you cross eyed with finger cramps yet?
:silly:

Regards,

Interludum!

well ian, saúl - that's me after all that pe madness:
uglyaua.gif
uglygagaxmas.gif
ugly_explode2.gif
uglygagaga.gif

but the duke wouldn't give up either:

ugly_wayne.gif

it's time to thank everybody for giving feedback and comments!

THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH EVERYBODY!

here's what i did yesterday to have a break from that cleaning rod container that gave me a really hard time - arnie's mom would become jealous:

apfelstrudel1_1_20100927_2030266792.jpg

apfelstrudel2_2_20100927_1194979517.jpg

and saúl ... thank you for the pic of your last vacation on the beach, showing you in your bathing suit:

badeoutfit_3_20100927_2007806300.jpg

well ok ... the cleaning rod container! if the voyager pe is used i strongly reccomend to anneal the bands that hold the container! i faced problems, problems, problems until i gave up and heated the soldering iron!

i think i tried to mount the container three times until i gave in!

one of the weakpoints of the voyager set is that the container isn't included but sold separately! if only my standard internet model shop would sell griffon pe, it would have been my first choice!

since i didn't want to use the kit version i had to find a substitute and luckily found an ink cartridge with perfect diameter so the only major work to do was to search my jigsaw and carefully shorten the cartridge, then file down the cuts from inside and outside and then glue and solder together the 22 single parts ...

constructing that kit within a kit was way more work than it looks in the pic! (after construction i filed some dents in the container)

Metallpürhunde - Blut und Spiele

lhsdone_1_20100929_1424832779.jpg

g060.gif

SUPER DUPER SUPERBNESS LITTLE LAURA !!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am really enjoying watching such lovely additions to this kitty cat .

Jenny :kiss:

Awesome progress, Laura!! All those details are really adding dimension to this build! What's next?

lo - dark clouds arose on the horizon and a thunder was to be heard! the lord of modelling appeared and said: "dost thee have uttered the words 'no problem' or dost thee not have?"

a050.gif

"forsooth thou shalt be punished for this heresy! i'll send an angel to punish thee for uttering the words not to be spoken!"

b010.gif

and so it happened! *sigh*

long story short: the gun travel lock chain was no problem to assemble with the sets for the flak 18/36/37 ... voyager provides a length of 0,3mm wire to secure the chain on both ends! well ... the voyager dudes should explain to me how on earth i should insert a 0,3mm wire into 0,1mm holes! strange enough that the holes in the flak sets are big enough but not in this set! so i went along without that idiotic wire and aligned the chain the best i could!

more problems?

for sure! sadly the gun travel lock itself is not included with this set (but with the griffon set! gna!), the chain should be assembled from seven single chain pieces what makes it quite large, too large for the lock - again i had to trick and cheat to place the chain where it should go to! doesn't look perfect but what the hell ...

the notek light was a pain to trim to size and enhance with pe! while putting in place i learned what the strange thin thingy was i had to glue on the underside of the fender! it was part two of the notek cable what should align with the cable coming out of the notek mount! of course it didn't align! no one would have ever noticed but knowing that both parts didn't align was enough for me to bend my own cable and glue in place!

the hatches were a matter of educational guess to assemble ...

i promise from the bottom of my heart never ever again to claim something wouldn't be a problem anymore!
a060.gif

Apoptygma Berzerk - Burnin' Heretic

frontdone_1_20100930_1777598919.jpg

g060.gif

Kreighshoer wrote:
jenny croft wrote:
but ooooh all those tool brackets and the ridiculous chain for the gun brace still to come :eek:hmy:

oh yes ... those dreaded brackets! :X i "love" them but i surely won't use the kit ones!

the chain will be no problem! it will be the fourth that i'll have build so this will be some kind of routine cursing and freaking out! ;)

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

It does look amazing so your hard work has paid off :laugh: .

Never mess with the PE gods, they will mock you. But you sure can't tell you had any problems here. Well Done Laura!

Hey laura,

Man, that is looking really great! That PE had to drive you crazy! You beat it and not the other way around! I can't wait till you get the paint on it!

This is gonna be one cooooool diorama!

Bob

engine deck and lower hull done! finally!

no major problem pestered me but i tell you, the ventilator assembly was a daunting task!

Aesthetic Perfection - Living The Wasted Life (Deadbeat Machineries Mix)

enginedeckdone_1_20101001_1621815999.jpg

lowerhulldone_2_20101001_1520380831.jpg

please don't let any kit instructions or pe instructions mislead you - the grille shutters were mounted on the RHS side only, not on both sides!

atm i'm at the the first steps of the turret! another fine and interesting job ...

g060.gif

Looking groovy Laura , hmmmm why did they not add the louvers on the left hand side ?

Seems only normal they would you think !

Look great Laura!! I am studying your work closely :hmmm my turn is coming up :eek:hyeah

Terry ;)

you know that feeling when you want something to be finished at all costs and all of a sudden you're through with it and somehow sad that you have finished the task?

i worked my way through the turret yesterday and came to the point of mounting the muzzle brake to the barrel when time for babylon 5 had come, so this very last duty was waiting for me this morning although i don't have any modelling mojo today due to the sad news about dave! :(

in any case this kitten will be stored away in a box now and i'll continue with the most hated work, the work on the dio itself! i need to spare me some of the fun for later when i get bored out again with the groundwork!

Haujobb - Eye Over You

turretdone_1_20101002_1097857973.jpg

pantherdone2_3_20101002_2050591715.jpg

pantherdone1_2_20101002_1806983796.jpg

g060.gif

Superb turret work Laura , I am too emotional to model today . I will when I can find some happiness .

Back