• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Hope Gone!

Re: To The Bitter End!

Well done Laura!! Nice work and nice to see. ;)

Terry B)

thanks dudes! too kind! but i don't like the spots, they didn't come out like wanted (what comes out like wanted in modelling?)

whatever ... the tedious work of painting the roadwheels is done, they were mounted yesterday and then the tracks attached! a perfect opportunity to laugh ... i made them one link too short and they looked like vinyl tracks ... so in ended up with one link unpainted on each side and have to take care of them ... how i "love" it! brml!

Gorgot - Vor dem Tod

i added the last pic only to show the convoy light, i love my selection of transparent hansa colors! they are like createx paints - top notch!

g060.gif

Laura, I think you may have hit on something that's overlooked on armor building. Was there not a need to replace a single or multiple tracks? Afterall, that's why they carried spares right? Wouldn't that replacement track stick out from the others, all be it a short time but you would have different ware and weathering on those replacement tracks, right?

I think it looks fine, if you can blacken that one track you're golden..

And I don't know why you're hating on your spots, it looks fine.

bob - even when brand new, the tracks weren't silverish! rest assured that i will blacken those links! it has become a personal matter between the tracks and me since i hate it like poison when they come out too short!

i'll have to do the spare tracks anyway! brmpf!

bob - even when brand new, the tracks weren't silverish! rest assured that i will blacken those links! it has become a personal matter between the tracks and me since i hate it like poison when they come out too short!

i'll have to do the spare tracks anyway! brmpf!

I understand that, but one could still have tracks with various levels of wear and abuse. Might be a new AMS symptom that can be diagnosed. :mpup

Looks good Laura! I see you did one thing that a lot of Panther modelers miss. That is the shine on the inner road wheel. That wheel always rubbed on the track guides and the paint was gone in short order.

Well done!

Terry

just a reminder where i left the kitten:

basepaintingdone1.jpg

basepaintingdone4.jpg

the black wash i applied this morning is just drying and all pe parts snapped away (two spare track chains, travel lock grip and one spare track holder) are reglued!

next stop - fading! pics will follow after that!

comfortable saddle to be precise! ;)

i renamed the thread ... "to the bitter end" was a working title anyway and my intention to keep it temporary until i found a better one!

Great looking Panther Laura! Soon to get back into this GB myself. New Panther on the way.

Terry B)

Back