• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Hope Gone!

Kreighshoer

ok - here comes my contribution!

i'm still thinking about some aspects of the diorama but the general layout is already clear!

this will be a scenery at the landwehrkanal, maybe potsdamer bridge ... a panther crew reloading in a short battle break or just waiting for the storm to continue while a group of refugees pass by only to meet their fate in one of the subway stations that were flooded some time later!

dramatic music from my eternal love, the epic fields of the nephilim, a perfect soundtrack for a horror movie that fits this idea like a glove:

FOTN - Dead To The World

besides the preiser refugees i have no idea what figures from my stash to use so sorry if i haven't included any in the pic! furthermore i most probably will use some already painted figures since i always do figures in a bunch for later use!

as some of you might know ( :whistle: ) i'm notorious for painting all my panzer in grey! that was what gave birth to this contribution! well sorta ... :S ... initially i wanted to do a grey panther following this sexy scheme:

greypanther1_20100803_1079732863.jpg

ultimately sexy but also ultimately fiction! :( an interesting conversation with miguel jimenez came to the conclusion that a zinc grey panther might be within the range of possibility but there's missing the last proof and unfortunately no photo of a grey panther is known to exist!

so this babe will be another color and in the end not less sexy!

in this project will be used:

- DML 6268 late Panther G
- Friul ATL-08
- Voyager 35140
- Toro Models 'Collapsed Street' (most probably)
- Preiser 64007 'Refugees'
- Several Wehrmacht figures from different manufacturers
- Model Railroad stone walls

the rest will be boblettermanned! :unsure:

did i miss any info? i don't think so!

the mandatory newspapershots:

newspapershot1_20100803_2089050706.jpg

newspapershot3_20100803_1713164911.jpg

for the shortsighted:

newspapershot2_20100803_1577242210.jpg

g060.gif

Re:To The Bitter End!

Oh boy oh boy , how kewl will this be B) , can I have a few more photos of the collapsed street ? From side on so I can see the depth of the collapse ?

Jenny :kiss:

jenny croft wrote:
Oh boy oh boy , how kewl will this be B)

we will see! :unsure: it will be a challenge - that's for sure!

jenny croft wrote:
can I have a few more photos of the collapsed street ? From side on so I can see the depth of the collapse ?

here you are:

collapsedstreet2_20100803_1180092360.jpg

collapsedstreet3_20100803_1354678322.jpg

i bought this four years ago and toro models didn't exist anymore even back then! it's a shame since the collapsed street is of top quality!

It looks like a great base for the working torsion bar suspension and the friul tracks Laura :) .

Jenny :kiss:

Hello :laugh: , I'll follow your diorama closely, since I too have one planned. You should try to camouflage your one of these three examples , if not why not a turret rust color (replacing one destroyed) and a box in yellow sand?!. For the markings in the area of Berlin, from the cross, they are non-existant! Cheers! B)

untitled.jpg

I like this. What a bout a full red primer, with chalk assembly marks instead of camo?

none of them, sorry!

although it will be a müncheberg panther i'll surely won't paint the kitten in the chipmunk scheme nor use the other two camo schemes!

green with brown blotches it will be! green was the ordered base color from december 20th 1944 on!

You're right, because it seems like I have a magazine, a Panther G of this color and with a large white swastika made stenciled on the turret!. :lol:

Laura , ........... you go girl , ......... late war , ........ Berlin , .......... just outta the factory , ......... colors , .......... we don't need no stinkin colors , .......... it hit the streets with the chalk marks from the assemblers still on areas of the Panther still on the body !!!!

Desperate times mean desperate measures , ...... go with a just outta the factory and on the streets look !!!

Late to the party , ........ hell no , I may not be dressed or painted properly , ..... but I'll still put a ap round turd in your punch bowl !!!!

Just because there's no photos doesn't mean the grey scheme didn't exist. Could have been a kitty who spent her nine lives quickly or was camera shy? looking forward to seeing this develop!

Hi Laura ,

Can't wait to see what you do with this , it's gonna be great !!!! :cheer:

regards
JOEY

Laura,
You come up with some great topics. Maybe a book on "Topics you all should do" :laugh:
Sounds very interesting. Velly interesting.
Cheers
John

:blush: erm ... thanks for all the advance praise dudes but i still doubt that i will be able to meet your expectancies!

the most frustrating aspect of my current work is the mess i create in the attic! it looks like a bomb has hit the attic and i will have to clean that up again! whargs! :S

whatever ... i worked on the street bases and the corners for the ruins! the fundaments are done so far and i think i can start to build up the streets and pavements! this will be a critical and decisive step since if this won't work out, my contribution to this gb will be a standalone panther!

Faun - Egil Saga

diobase1_20100807_1521027294.jpg

diobase2_20100807_1619306550.jpg

oh ... almost forgot: those two stone thingies with arches won't be the bridge, they are just there to illustrate the position of the remains of the bridge!

g060.gif

Es wird kolossal sein dieses Diorama !! :woohoo: strongly buildings to see what it will ultimately Laura ! :)

Back