• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Hope Gone!

Re:To The Bitter End!

although i love voyager, sometimes i'm just annoyed! yesterday i mounted the stowage bins, was very careful, everything was perfectly aligned and placed like it should be and what did i notice when - out of curiosity - placed the upper hull in place? the bins when mounted like they should be interfere with the side armor!

ripping away and realigning them resulted in the left bin mounted a bit crooked!

a stepstone i sorted out before i even started the kit was the two bottom supports for the stowage bins! the voyager instructions don't mention that parts G10+G11 from step 2 in the dml instructions shouldn't be used but their pe replacements! that's why i check all instructions over and over again before i start a kit!

(note: the jack support hinges are workable ... for nothing ... again! ... futile work ... how i love it and i still have no answer why i do it! gnarfp!)

i don't know if i will find further time to crawl my way through the "let's build a final M.A.N. panther" parts puzzle today so this small update should be enough!

Joachim Witt & Peter Heppner - Die Flut

bowmg_3_20100919_1513348172.jpg

backpaneldone2_2_20100919_2075618156.jpg

backpaneldone1_1_20100919_1768838436.jpg

g060.gif

Oooh the stowage bins do look nice with a few well aimed bullet holes in them :) . do not forget that some bullets would have hit the armour plate next to them with different effects too :) .

This is looking real fine , but ooooh all those tool brackets and the ridiculous chain for the gun brace still to come :eek:hmy: .

Note to self :-Do not annoy Laura on them days :blush:

Jenny :kiss:

jenny croft wrote:
but ooooh all those tool brackets and the ridiculous chain for the gun brace still to come :eek:hmy:

oh yes ... those dreaded brackets! :X i "love" them but i surely won't use the kit ones!

the chain will be no problem! it will be the fourth that i'll have build so this will be some kind of routine cursing and freaking out! ;)

I hate it when they shoot up the stowage bin, all those bottles of booze just wasted...

i managed to sneak up and do a little bit! i began to assemble the front fenders and the bond of the glue was too flimsy so i bit the bullet and soldered them ... what gave me a hard time were those two tiny thingies on the inner sides who are foldable ... and i still have to clean up the hull part where i have cut away the molded on fenders ...

and it seems like i didn't have enough since after the soldering iron had cooled down again i couldn't resist and continue a bit ... so i built the one of the hatch springs! i know that i made the coils too long but i will live with it since i don't want to disassemble that spring again! (the spring's not completely done yet!)

and then, while i was in the mood i ripped away both stowage bins to rescribe the reinforcing stripes (or however they are called) and to realign them - this time properly! (it annoyed me just too much!)

but that's it for today! really! i need to recover! pe ... small ... smaller ... pfffffffft ... nerves ... wrecked!

frontfenders_1_20100919_2056797255.jpg

righthatch_2_20100919_1960508760.jpg

p.s.: did i write it? did i really write the barrel holding chain won't be a problem? although i had promised never ever to write anything like that again? did the modelling gods notice that i wrote that? :blink ... i stand corrected: i don't expect any major problem with that chain!

g060.gif

yesterday's progress was big, today's the smaller! i only finished the hatch springs (shortened the too long coils on the RO side!), mounted the two visors for driver and RO and gave them the clear green treatment, the ventilation system got an airbrush cover of hansa coffee brown and then the upper hull was glued to the lower hull!

i also scratched some mounts for two of the three warrior figures i want to use with this kitten!

i also started working on the tracks - pics will follow when i'm done with them and have them painted!

Controlled Fusion - War

hullmated1_1_20100920_1025423188.jpg

hullmated2_2_20100920_1583068298.jpg

g060.gif

Laura!

The panther is fantastic! I don't know how I missed this one. You actually used the cardboard system! Wow, Unless I have missed another somewhere, I think you are the first person to use the cardboard, at least that I know of!

I can tell you this, I couldn't have done better! After all these years, I am so happy that finally, someone used my system! I'll bet it was a snap for you, wasn't it?

I wish you had told me about this when you started it. You can bet I will follow it to the finish! You make me proud Girl!

Sorry it took me so long to find it!

Bob

I can't deal with all that metal,but your patience sure is paying off,looks great.

you peoples know how much i hate pe clasps? no? well - I HATE PE TOOL CLASPS!

when i had assembled n°1 it was workable, perfectly aligned and just wonderful - and when it was about to mount and secure that dirty, rotten clasp it was glued to my fingers and disintegrated, so i had to start over again! brml!

when i had assembled n°2 it was workable, perfectly aligned and just wonderful - and when it was about to mount and put on the table to be picked up by the tweezers to be placed, i noticed my scalpel rolling over the table, heading towards the clasp and in the very second when i wanted to stop the rolling nemesis, it bumped into the clasp and the latter entered low orbit! the rest of the story was me crawling over the floor searching that dirty, rotten clasp! brml!

what else fun did i have? i exchanged the ridiculous pe securing chains for the tow hook with H0 gauge brass chain! went on smoother than thought! and i refused to cut away the handle of the shovel so i sanded down a toothpick - everybody wanting to do the same be prepared to burn your fingers and face some oucheroonie!

right now i'm sitting in front of toolrack n°2, am halfway through but my olde eyeballs mk1 need a rest!

Shock Therapy - Hate Is Just A Four Letter Word

in the pic you can see that the voyager rack is a bit larger than the DML one - strange but what the hell, i keep thinking positive and keep saying to myself "it will fit, it will fit, it will fit!"*:

toolrackleft_1_20100923_1736790725.jpg

* to be more precise: the DML rack is longer (=larger horizontally) and the voyager rack is higher (=larger vertically)

g060.gif

Yes, of course she can, just as long as she brings the pizza !!

Laura Im enjoying this, and as Im a PE virgin you`re doing a great job on those pesky tool clamps

The whole build is coming together very nicely :)

Laura looks great! Those tiny PE parts are real brain splitters I know :pinch: . Hang in there :)

Terry ;)

Laura,
Great looking dio,
Hope that mess wasn't too hard to clean up...
Everything is looking sweet.
Shawn

Back