• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Hope Gone!

Re:To The Bitter End!

Holy hideaways Laura, I didn't realize when you talked about the attic you were talking about up the stowaway latter to the attic! How are you going to get that thing down from there?

This is truly inspiring and something to watch.

Laura,

I confess, I saw the base and the panther hull a short distance away and thought, "I better not comment because there is no way she can put the Panther on that tiny little base"!

I should have known, you're far too brainy to do something stupid like that! I'm impressed! That layout is really cool, I can picture it complete, It's gonna be fantastic! Really cooooool planning girl! I like your style!

Go Laura!

Bob

Interesting project Laura... The first stage of the dio looks very well executed... I'll stay tuned on this one... ;)

Cheers :)

Massimo

Looks like it's going to really neat Laura! It will turn out just fine.

Terry B)

Yes it is easy to see Bob has been in your ear , so much for Jennys small compact idea :unsure: . You are making a humongeous diorama :) , but the idea looks very kewl .

Jenny :kiss:

Kreighshoer wrote:
as some of you might know ( :whistle: ) i'm notorious for painting all my panzer in grey! that was what gave birth to this contribution! well sorta ... :S ... initially i wanted to do a grey panther following this sexy scheme:

greypanther1_20100803_1079732863.jpg

ultimately sexy but also ultimately fiction! :( an interesting conversation with miguel jimenez came to the conclusion that a zinc grey panther might be within the range of possibility but there's missing the last proof and unfortunately no photo of a grey panther is known to exist!

Laura , This is a Photo that came to light last year or just a little later. I'm not sure of the Location ,but I think it was somewhere near Hanover , Since th MIAG plant was there & that's where they Made th Panthers & Jagd-Panthers. This is a Still snagged from a Documentary that Aired in England & Maybe Europe. IT'S A COLOR SHOT OF A JAGD-PANTHER ! :woohoo: :woohoo: :silly: :woohoo:

All I can make out from it is it's call sign - 823 . It's color film from th Allies & that's about all I know. It Also puts that Rumor of Panthers & Jagd's painted in Primer Red covered in camo to rest. This Jagd is actually covered in Zinc-Oxide( black-grey ) primer with Dark Green & Dunkl stripes !! :D . When you view this Panzer in a Black & White photo it's easy to think that it has th Red-Oxide( mistaken for th Green) & Dunkl. stripes.

I would consider this Camo scheme for your Panther !!

jp2_20100809_1096068874.jpg

jp4_20100809_1775911056.jpg

jp3_20100809_1968091657.jpg

Sorry Here is an Overzealous Yank !

With th House in th Background .. Would you know th Location of this ? Is it Hanover ? I know this is a Jagd-Panther , But there Were Panthers sporting this Camo Too !!

Hope this Helps !

ERIK

no way erik! i won't paint the panther in three tone! my decision stays at it is - green with brown!

and houses like that on the pic can be found all over germany - there's absolutely no chance to tell where this photo was taken!

B) Cool Laura, who ever said you have to do the norm. I reckon a 'maybe' Panther in red oxide and german grey would be cracker! Its a great looking scheme on the Panther body.
'Here's one i prepared earlier' :laugh: Its from the Panther squadron signal book from the days when we weren't so informed, The wall was still up and the last battle in Berlin was all still a mystery. :)
panthergreypic.jpg

Just do it!
You know what the competitions always quote.....'If you have a reference you can do it legally ;) :evil:
The base will look great as well with that sunken street. Can't wait to seethis one!

Ian.

moon puppy wrote:
Ok, so how can you tell the primer color in these shots?

MOONIE,

If you look in th First picture it's easier to see the Black-Grey Primer

jp2_20100809_1096068874.jpg

You can see th Black-Grey stripes here. This Jagd-Panther belonged to th 654th. Panzer Jager Abtl. One of th Last !!

ERIK

Kreighshoer wrote:
no way erik! i won't paint the panther in three tone! my decision stays at it is - green with brown!

and houses like that on the pic can be found all over germany - there's absolutely no chance to tell where this photo was taken!

O.K. ..... Green with Brown it is ! I figured th location of th picture was a Long Shot. Thanx !!

ERIK

wuz a bit lazy the last days and didn't do anything from monday to wednesday but the last few days were rather productive! i almost finished the road buildup, created some basic piles of rubble and started with the corner house ruin!

i still have to veneer the outside, build the first floor floor (hehehe), window framing, etc., etc. ...

the floor boards are wood, courtesy of "krusty burger" ...

me wuz in mood for "die krupps" lately - Die Krupps - Nothing Else Matters

hausruine2_20100814_1226058268.jpg

hausruine1_20100814_1882493887.jpg

g060.gif

I can see some sneaky Russians will be creaping up on that panther thru this building I think :eek:hmy: !

Jenny :kiss:

Dear Laura.

...very nice build construction...creative a lot...waiting to see a great project!

Best regards!

Luiz.

slowly and laborious the squirrel feeds itself!

some progress ... whenever i reached i point i didn't know how to proceed i put the ruin away and thought over the next step over night ...

next step will be finishing the ruin and starting with the bridge :S

some unusual music this time but it's a very nice song and the hymn of without much doubt the most splendid armed formation of the world i admire thoroughly - la legión espanola!

El Novio De La Muerte

hausruine3_20100818_1087821017.jpg

hausruine4_20100818_1185869769.jpg

g060.gif

Hey that ruin is looking mighty nice :) .

Your choice of song is good although me and Mel suggested this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEhcSbrkZ-w

:woohoo:

Jenny :kiss

Back