• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Hope Gone!

Re:To The Bitter End!

phew! cobblestones almost done! tedious work, even when you lose patience and don't glue in every single lentil! ;)

my first try was with a fancy pattern and luckily i did a test priming after two rows, only to notice that NOTHING of the pattern was visible!

so it was tearing down the street the third time and rebuilding the cobblestone! this time by gently spreading the construction glue (the pasty one!), pouring the smaller, red lentils all over and gently pressing them in place with a steel rod, rolling over the whole mess again and again!

i know that it's not looking very convincing in the pics but in reality it comes quite close to a worn down cobblestone! wait until i am finished with filling gaps, building up rubble and painting the whole lot!

most of the areas without lentils will receive some filling, some not ... guess what ... battle damage (hehehehehe) and covered by rubble!

Peter Gabriel - Games Without Frontiers

(those who want to hear his german version of this song click here - taken from his "german album" - Peter Gabriel - Spiele Ohne Grenzen )

cobblestone1_1_20100913_1468998510.jpg

(what a tremendous mess! and i'll have to clean all that up again! *cry*)

with the refugee figures and some basic rubble in place:

cobblestonewfigures2_2_20100913_1569816725.jpg

without the basic rubble:

cobblestonewfigures3_3_20100913_1146921781.jpg

g060.gif

Geess Laura, talk about soldering on! I think you're going to get the effect you want though.

you bet that i will acchieve the effect i'm up to!

but first i have to get rid of all the surplus lentils still laying around, attach the bridge, build up water, install the ruin and the piles of rubble! somehow the todo list is getting longer and not shorter the more i proceed! :X

I've heard a nice chianti goes with those beans, or maybe it was Fava beans...

:mpup

I know about that list. There's so much of that list on my shop floor I had to vacuum it out the other day.

This is looking more and more interesting. Even though the figures are not painted yet you get some feel for the scene. I'm sure your patience will be quite rewarded.
James

to not completely lose my mind and end up in the nuthouse i started with the panther on tuesday!

no major stepstones but paying attention is highly recommended! the more when you use the voyager pe! business as usual!

Wolfsheim - The Sparrow And The Nightingales (i just love this video too much! that's why i chose to insert this video again after some time!)

step1_1_20100916_2092546246.jpg

backpanel_2_20100916_2015214506.jpg

g060.gif

Looking sweet Laura , I am glad you are having some success with the lentils :) . Well you are further along with the Smart Panther than Mel was when it outsmarted her :pp

That will learn her to read instructions properly ;)

Jenny :kiss:

to play the devil's advocat: inserting all the torsion bars without mixing them up is nothing for a beginner and i had to pay attention with each and every single torsion bar!

dml instructions in general are something to look at very carefully and to be studied intensly before cutting away the first part! they surely aren't tabloid press niveau to read! how many complaints did i read all over the web about dragon instructions and when crosschecking with the ones i have i ALWAYS learned that the problem wasn't the instructions but between the ears of the one who complained!

Great work Laura, you have done a great job with the building and the cobblestones look brilliant! I am thinking, lentils & soy sauce :unsure: Where is the steak?

Kreighshoer wrote:
i ALWAYS learned that the problem wasn't the instructions but between the ears of the one who complained!

Knowing Mel quite well, you summed her up pretty well! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Richie

Richie wrote:
Where is the steak?

*pointing at my belly and saying* - la bas!

Richie wrote:
Kreighshoer wrote:
i ALWAYS learned that the problem wasn't the instructions but between the ears of the one who complained!

Knowing Mel quite well, you summed her up pretty well! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

oh you're so nasty and so naughty cornered young man! brilliant dancing in the dodo ad btw! the red cape really suits you well! :laugh: :silly:

Well those stowage bins look wonderful Laura :) are they going to have some dings & dents in them ?

Jenny :kiss:

Kreighshoer wrote:
today's output: the stowage bins - with workable hinges of course ... of course ... but why when i decided to close them anyway? ... maybe just because to know that they are workable! pflrp!

There's the spirit! Like when I added a scratch built interior to my 1/48 scale Hetzer when I just shut it up anyways... I know it's there and I took pics before I closed it up!

Kreighshoer wrote:
today's output: the stowage bins - with workable hinges of course ... of course ... but why when i decided to close them anyway? ... maybe just because to know that they are workable! pflrp!

Dang Skippy! Every stowage bin that is closed up has working hinges, how else are they going to open them to put stuff in? Ever hinge I have works... :hmmm well they did at one time... :hmmm ok...nevermind.

Really nice work Laura, crisp clean lines, don't ding them up too much.

Your progress is looking really good, Laura! The Voyager brass is good stuff, huh?

Back