• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY CAMPAIGN

Question:

What makes a any build a "show stopper"?

What makes a build "epic"?

Just some of the adjectives being bandied around about this build.

Thoughts?

:hmmm

I'm thinking maybe PBY also. The Monogram kit with the Belcher Bits conversion for Guba, a civil PBY-2, or else another PBY-2 operated by American Export Airlines.

With my output of late any kit that I could complete in a reasonable period of time I would consider "epic" :tomato

Ah I see...

h4b38a66.jpg

:rotf

Question:

Thoughts?

The below is pure speculation and not even worth my $0.02...

Show stopper?

I guess it could mean a build, diorama, whatever that is so outside the norm that people gather around it and well stop the show.

Epic?

Well, Epic can mean something Dan Capuano, Bob or Lewis built, or a completely scratch-built model with full interior, etc that is painted and weathered to a very high if not the highest standard. I have little interest to build anything epic. I just like to putter around with projects that interest me, then move on to the next.

Just my thoughts, your mileage WILL vary.

Question:

Thoughts?

Show stopper?

I guess it could mean a build, diorama, whatever that is so outside the norm that people gather around it and well stop the show.

Epic?

Well, Epic can mean something Dan Capuano, Bob or Lewis built, or a completely scratch-built model with full interior, etc that is painted and weathered to a very high if not the highest standard. I have little interest to build anything epic. I just like to putter around with projects that interest me, then move on to the next.

Epic and/or show stopper are probably different for each person. I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I think what Bob was really getting at is that he wants to see as many people participate in this build and do something that is epic to the model builder, what ever that means. Maybe for some, its just finishing a build or maybe to others its something out side your comfort zone, or a conversion from a basic kit, or a fully scratch built model. The list goes on and on...

Just participate, have fun and celebrate this amazing place we all go to share our love of this hobby with others who feel the same.

:v

Question:

Thoughts?

Show stopper?

Epic?

Epic and/or show stopper are probably different for each person. I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I think what Bob was really getting at is that he wants to see as many people participate in this build and do something that is epic to the model builder, what ever that means. Maybe for some, its just finishing a build or maybe to others its something out side your comfort zone, or a conversion from a basic kit, or a fully scratch built model. The list goes on and on...

Just participate, have fun and celebrate this amazing place we all go to share our love of this hobby with others who feel the same.

We have a winner! I couldn't have said it better myself.

Thank you Mike, I'm upping you to lifetime free subscription to the website. :mpup

Sorry I wasn't responsive at first, wanted to see other's thoughts on it and I'm in New Jersey this week starting a new project and we have 8 people on the crew so lot of cat herding going on. :frantic

Question:

Thoughts?

Show stopper?

Epic?

We have a winner! I couldn't have said it better myself.

Thank you Mike, I'm upping you to lifetime free subscription to the website. :mpup

Sorry I wasn't responsive at first, wanted to see other's thoughts on it and I'm in New Jersey this week starting a new project and we have 8 people on the crew so lot of cat herding going on. :frantic

Dang you two are way too touchy feely for me... but if that works for you :wink, run with it. Epic sure can be personal, but show stopping, well it kinda has to stop the show...

The forum is open.

Ten years, hard to believe.

Remember, this build will be at the best of your skills. :mpup

I've been saying i'm going to do the P47 but i'm having second thoughts. I got an Eindecker IV in the stash with all the bells and whistles. :hmmm :pilot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fokker_E.IV

I have two that I am considering. One is the Kinetic EA-6B 1/48 and the other is the Trumpeter 1/35 Mi-24V which I have the cockpit complete. I don't know if some of you remember my geist intruder from a different forum but that was some 12 years ago I suppose. What a travesty that was.

I would like to do the Hind. I have a bunch of new weathering techniques to try out. Weathering pencils and Abteilung oils.

Back